Search billions of records on

Erie County (PA) Genealogy

Carroll Family

Union Twp Settlers 1801

Contributed by Barbara Carrell Carroll

The information below was submitted by Barbara Carroll, originally written about 1937 by her grandfather-in-law, Lewis F. Carroll. Although the articles did appear in THE CHRONICLES OF OKLAHOMA spring, 1946 VOLUME XXIV NUMBER 1, original copies were provided to Barbara's husband, Victor Carroll, and Vic's father, John R. Carroll and the work below is taken from those copies. In addition to the article, Barbara has also provided a family history outline on the Carroll ancestors of Lewis F. Carroll. Please contact Barbara directly with comments and/or questions about this information. The submitter retains all rights to the information below.

By Lewis F. Carroll (about 1937)

Ferdinand Carroll - Part 1 - Ireland to America

The earliest record of the Carroll family that we have is of my Great great grandfather, Ferdinand Carroll, who was born in Cavan County, in northern part of Ireland in the year 1751. He was the youngest of a large family and was born after the death of his father. In his boyhood he was sent to live with a rich uncle in London, but a fellow traveler stole all his clothing, except what he was wearing, and not wanting to go to his uncle as a beggar, he apprenticed himself to a weaver and served seven years to learn this trade.

At the age of twenty-three years Ferdinand was married to Isabella Johnston, to whom were born six sons and six daughters, one son and two daughters dying young. The two oldest sons, Samuel and George, when of age, were determined to leave their native land and go to America. The Ferdinand said, " If you go, let us all go together." So selling his life lease of land for gold enough to pay their expenses to America and something over, they embarked at Dublin in the spring of 1801 in an old war vessel for New York. The ship had two hundred passengers on board. Their youngest daughter, Isabella, died with the measles and was buried at sea.

The vessel was a sailing boat and was eight weeks making the voyage and landed at New Castle Delaware instead of New York. Ferdinand could play the violin, with which, by permission of the captain, who was a tyrant, relieved the monotony of the long voyage. The captain would go below with his cat-o-nine tails and lash the passages up on deck, saying , "go air yourselves, you lazy dogs." The captain came across two or three feather beds out on deck, which belonged to the Carroll family and kicked one overboard. The progress of the ship was so slow that it could be seen from the ship all day. The captain was arrested for cruelty on arriving in America.

Soon after their arrival the Carroll family started for Chillicothe, Ohio. On reaching Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania they heard of fever and ague at Chillicothe, so halt was made.

The inducement, held out by Holland Land Company, of one hundred acres free for making settlement and staying five years on it. took the family's attention. This land was on a creek, a tributary of the Allegheny River, about one hundred miles north of Pittsburgh.

Ferdinand and his two oldest sons, Samuel and George, started up Allegheny River to Franklin, Pennsylvania, and up French Creek and Little French Creek To Union Mills. About two miles south of Union Mills he found Andrew Hasley on track 159 of the Holland Land Company's land and bought his right of settlement and improvements for thirty dollars in gold. Andrew Hasley went back east of the Allegheny Mountains whence he came.

The next thing Ferdinand did was move his Family and few belongings from Pittsburgh to Hasley Castle as he called the one-story built of poles that Hasley had erected. Their few possessions were brought on pack horses, the family walking, arriving at the Castle in the fall of 1801. Ferdinand completed the settlement of Tract 159 and got a clear deed for this one hundred acre tract. He left this property to his youngest son, William, who left it to his youngest living son, George W. Carroll.

On arriving at Hasley Castle in 1801 Ferdinand was fifty years old, his living children were Samuel, twenty-five; George, twenty-two; Phoebe, seventeen; Jane fifteen; Elizabeth, thirteen; Mary, eleven; James, nine; Thomas, seven years old, William, five years old.

Ferdinand Carroll was born in 1751, died 2-1-1831, age 80 years. His wife, Isabella was born 1755, died 9-28-1830. They were buried in the Thompson burying ground in the South part of Union City, Pennsylvania. Their tombstones are native sandstone. the inscriptions are crudely cut, but are plain and legible now in 1937.

At his death Ferdinand left this farm to his youngest son, William, who lived there all his life. leaving it to his youngest son, George W. Carroll, who build and operated a cheese factory there for many years. I hauled milk there three summer in 1876, 1877, and 1878.

The stones that were the fireplace and chimney in "Hasley Castle" are still there, where the castle stood. This farm is now owned by O. W.  Carroll, a grandson of Thomas Carroll, Son of Ferdinand.

Carroll Family - Part 2 - Second & Third Generation


My great-grandfather, George Carroll, second son of Ferdinand was born in Ireland in 1782, came to America with his parents in 1801, was married to Mary Morrison in 1806, who had came from Ireland to Pittsburgh. He went to Pittsburgh, where he married her and brought her to Union Mills on horseback, walking himself. He started settlement on Track 147, later owned by James Brooks, but his family was not content to live in the woods, so he moved on land owned by Wm. Miles, on the town line road, between Little French Creek and the Waterford Road.

From there he moved to the farm now owned by James Donnell, At LeBoeuf Station. After living there a number of years he moved back to the Miles land again. After some time he bought that part of the Miles land between Little Creek and the Union Road, build a house, set out a large apple orchard {this was probably about 1845} and several of the trees still standing, 1937.

Mary (Morrison) Carroll, wife of George Carroll was born in Ireland in 1788, died on this farm on 9-3-1855. After the death of Mary, George lived with his son, John (my grandfather) until he died May 1, 1873. Both were buried in the Asbury Cemetery, about two and one half miles southwest of Union City on the Meadville Road.

George and Mary had a family of eight children,Besty,John,James,Mary, Henry, Isabella, Margaret and Hannah. I can well remember him "Granddad" as we all called him, as he sat in a home made wheel chair, reading his Bible. He had fallen and injured one of his hips and was unable to walk several of last years.


My grandfather, John Carroll, was the oldest son of George and Mary Carroll, He was born in the year 1809 on April 30.

Grandmother's maiden name was Emily Strong. She was born on 1-17-1811, became an orphan and was raised by Mr. and Mrs. William Miles, who were owners of several tracts of land. They build a sawmill and grist mill on Little French Creek, where Union City is now, and called them Union Mills. A village grew about these mills and the name was changed to Union City about the time of the Civil War.

When they were married Mr. Miles gave them seven acres of land on the town line road, two miles west of Union Mills. Here they build their home, buying fifty acres adjoining on the South later, build a new house and barn, that now standing, lived here all their lives and raised a family of nine children:

Frank 9-9-1837 1-29-1902
William 8-1-1839  
Sophia 10-3-1840 9-3-1916
John W. 9-21-1842 2-7-1929
Charles 3-16-1845 8-27-1876
Maria 3-6-1847 1924
Alfred 5-8-1850 1-20-1907
Albert 5-8-1850 1-1929
Emma 5-6-1856 3-3-1920
Grandfather   died 11-4-1884
Grandmother   died 10-18-1886

All are buried in the Evergreen Cemetery at Union City, Pa. except Uncle William, who was buried at Comanche, Texas.

Carroll Family - Part 3- Frank


My Father, Frank Carroll, the oldest son of John and Emily Carroll, was born 9-9-1837. He married Emily Mary Pratt, March 25, 1860, at the home (near Union City, Pa.) of her brother, Rufus Pratt, By Reverend George W. Sherman.

They began housekeeping near Bloomfield Corners on the road from Union City to Titusville, Pa. Father hauled crude oil in barrels, with horses and wagon from the wells near Titusville to the railroad at Union City. About 1863 he bought a twelve and one-half acre farm on the town line road south of Little French Creek and moved to it, living there two years, then renting the Vermilya place on the West side Big French Creek on the Waterford Road, living there one year. He then moved to Grandfather Pratt's place, where he lived for 12 years. While living on the Pratt farm he bought seven acres adjoining his first farm and forty acres of timber land, one mile south.

In 1879 he bought a farm at Fifes P.O. forty miles west of Richmond, Virginia. Living there two years. By moving to Virginia he hoped to be relieved from the asthma that had been suffering with for many years.

Not liking to live in Virginia. he sold his farm there and moved back to the little farm on the town line road, in Pennsylvania, buying sixty-eight acres across the road from it, building a new house on the new farm, rebuilding the barns and other buildings on the original farm. This last farm was part of the farm that my great-grandfather owned and lived on for many years. Father lived there until his death. January 29,1902

After Father's death Mother lived with my sisters, dying at the home of my sister. Anna, in Detroit, Michigan, October 4, 1915. Both parents were buried in the Evergreen Cemetery in Union City, Pa.

Part 4- Lewis F. Carroll moves to Oklahoma


There are three children of my parent's family. I Lewis F. Carroll. Born 1-3-1862; Lora M., born 1-25-1869, and Anna F., born 8-5-1877.

I lived with my parents until 1880, when I left them in Virginia, coming back to Union City, working for my board and going to school in town. I had not gone to school for two years before. I worked most of the year 1881, clerking in a General Store at Irvington, Pa. The next two years I was at my father's and helped to build his house and repair the barns. I worked on a construction train on the Erie Railroad and at Moore's Sawmill for some time.

I was united in marriage with Jennie Draper, May 1,1884, by Rev. N.H. Holmes, Pastor of the Methodist Church in Union City, Pa. Jennie was born May 17,1866. We began housekeeping and farming on Grandfather Pratt's farm, living there until March 1887, when we moved to the Goodenough Farm, one-mile south of Argonia, Kansas.

In December of that year Jennie's father, A. J.  Draper, visited us. He and I went hunting in a belt of blackjacks, deer, wild turkey, quail and squirrels were plentiful and on the prairies there were many antelope and prairie chickens. I was one mountain lion in the sand hills near the Cimarron River. There were places between the sand hills, where the ground was covered with buffalo bones, where hunter had killed the buffaloes for their hides and left the carcasses where killed. This was in what is now Major County, from Cleo Springs to Ringwood.

In the spring of 1888 we moved to a farm five miles west of Chetopa, Kansas. That year we made several short trips into the Cherokee Nation. Jennie's brother, George Draper, visited us while we were here, going with us on one of these trips. The next year, 1889, we moved to a farm across the road north from where we lived. That spring we went to the opening of Oklahoma to settlement.

Believing that some one might be interested I copying from my diary of that year

THURSDAY, APRIL 11,1889 - Loaded the wagon and started for Oklahoma. got as far as Lake Creek for dinner. Drove to two or three miles of Coffeyville and camped.

FRIDAY, APRIL 12,1889 - Drove through Coffeyville, down the Santa Fe Railroad grade to the Nation line. then down the Tulsa Trail. Camped on a little creek. The air was so full of bugs where we camped we had to move our wagon to higher ground.

SATURDAY, APRIL 13,1889 - Drove down the trail though a good country, crossed the Caney River and Hominy Creek and camped below Ski-a-took, near a creek.

SUNDAY, APRIL 14,1889 - Still we go though a good country. ate dinner near Tulsa, drove though the town to Arkansas River. Here some Indians had fenced the trail to the ford so folks going to the opening would have to patronize a ferry they had, charging one dollar to take a team and wagon across, but some other enterprising fellows a little farther down the river were letting wagons down quite a steep bank with a rope, snubbed around a tree, charging them twenty-five cents. We took the twenty-five cent route. The water was not up to wagon box. Then to Red Fork and five or six miles on down the Cimarron Trail. Camped near where some Indians were marking posts. At that time there was but one store. (Tate Brady's) in Tulsa, a Railroad Station, Stockyard, Chief Perryman's home and a few other houses.

MONDAY, APRIL 15,1889 - Passed but two houses in the forenoon, then we took up a divide for a good many miles and camped on a small creek, caught some fish and shot a couple of squirrels. Some other people Camp here had music on piccolos and other instruments. Have traveled through scrubby post oak and Blackjack Timber all day.

TUESDAY, APRIL 16,1889 - Still traveling over rocky and timbered country. Went by Turkey Track Ranch into the Sac and Fox country. Saw no prairie to speak of today. Camped on a small creek near Cimarron River.

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 17,1889 - Drove out of the timber upon a high prairie to a ranch on the big bend in the Cimarron River. Then southwest through a big pasture (have been in it since yesterday morning) into Iowa Reservation through some timber and prairie. Camped near some folks from Chetopa.

THURSDAY, APRIL 18,1889 - Went by the I. O. A.  Ranch and southwest, through some fair country. To Wellston. Wellston is a trader's store. the buildings are all made of logs, most of them standing on end. Like posts set together. Camped three or four miles southwest of wellston.

FRIDAY, APRIL 19,1889 - Drove down an old trail that had but little travel to a Kickapoo Settlement on the North Fork. then up the river to the Oklahoma line, went into camp early.

SATURDAY, APRIL 20,1889 - Spent the day in camp. about one hundred wagons in sight, camped here, hundreds of people amusing themselves in different ways. At night a party of men had a genuine stag dance.

SUNDAY, APRIL 21,1889 - About the same as yesterday, Nothing new. The North Fork is too high to ford.

MONDAY, APRIL 22,1889 - In camp until nearly noon, then drove up to the trail to take part in Harrison's horse race, as the boomers called it. At twelve o'clock sharp they started, those horseback ahead, light rigs next, then heavy wagons, last some with oxen followed in the rear. Drove up the river and found the good claims taken. We then went across to the Deep Fork and along it the best claims were taken. At night we camped on Sec. 21 Twp. 12 N. R. 2W. I. M. Where we started at noon we had to drive through thick Blackjack timber for nearly a mile and wagons could not pass each other.

TUESDAY, APRIL 23,1889 - Looked for a claim all day but found nothing that suited us. We crossed the Deep Fork, Where there had never been a wagon across, went up the Deep Fork to the Railroad and down toward Oklahoma City. We crossed the railroad down the West side to the town, crossing the Railroad to the East side and camped near the river.

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 24,1889 - Crossed the river going east through the Pottawatomie Country and crossed the river back to Kickapoo country and camped alone.

THURSDAY, APRIL 25,1889 - In the night an old Indian yelled us up and wanted some "terbac." I told him we had none. He went away yelling or singing as loud as he could yell. Came by Wellston and east on the Sac and Fox trail. Camped at night with two other wagons for company.

FRIDAY, APRIL 26,2889 - Went through an all timber country to the Sac and Fox Agency and up the Red Fork Trial. Camped with plenty of company, most of them going to Oklahoma.

SATURDAY, APRIL 27,1889 - Drove all day through timber, nothing of importance happening. Camped alone.

SUNDAY, APRIL 28,1889 - Came to Sapulpa, the end of the Frisco Railroad, then to Red Fork. Ate dinner there. Had to ferry the Arkansas River, then to Tulsa and up the Frisco Railroad to Mingo.

MONDAY, APRIL 29,1889 - Up the railroad all day. Camped near Sequoyah at night. Misted some today. Camped alone.

TUESDAY, APRIL 30,1889 - Still following the railroad to Cabin Creek, near Vinita. There we camp on the account of high water.

WEDNESDAY, MAY 01,1889 - Still in camp till noon, then we crossed the creek, went through Vinita and up to M.K.&T. Railroad to the water station near Blue Jacket and camped.

THURSDAY, MAY 02,1889 - Got home about one o'clock. Found everything all right. I am a little out of sorts but will be all right soon.

This is a copy of my diary of our trip to the opening of old Oklahoma, April 22.1889. The diary is now in the Library of the Oklahoma Historical Society. We had a tent, feed for our team, and food for ourselves for the trip, a rod mouldboard sod plow, tied on the side of the wagon. Had a camping outfit so we could have stayed for some time. Had we located on a claim. We had a map of the Indian Territory. a watch, pocket compass, an ax, single barrel shot gun and a revolver. The wagon we drove is in the Historical Building in Oklahoma City, together with the map, watch, compass, revolver, frying pan and my diary, as relics of the first opening of Oklahoma. On this trip we saw all kinds of game animals, saw twenty-six deer at one time and many times saw hundreds of prairie chickens. It was an experience never to be forgotten, driving unknown trails that we did not know where they would lead to, only that they led in the direction we wanted to go. The white people we met did not know any more about the country than we did and the Indians were none to friendly, thinking that their country might soon be taken from them. Had we known of the good country west of Oklahoma City, this story probably would be different? We had seen and heard about good country of the Cherokee Outlet and did not know but it might be opened for settlement soon, so we did not take the sandy or blackjack land that we saw on Oklahoma on this trip. In the fall of this year, 1889 , Jennie's father and mother visited us. While they were here he and I drove the covered wagon through Southwest Missouri, Northwest, Arkansas and the Cherokee Nation and home. In the spring of 1890 we sublet the farm he had rented and moved to the State line, about seven miles southwest of Arkansas City, Kansas. We build a two room house there by the side of the road, planning to move it ti the claim in the Cherokee outlet when it was opened for settlement. Making the run on horseback, following as near as I could the section line four miles east of the Meridian, I stopped on the Northeast Quarter, Section fifteen, Township 27 north, Range One east, I. M. The afternoon of the day of the run there were five on this quarter section, all claiming they were first to get on it, leaving two of us contending for the claim. About two weeks later we agreed to divide the place, I taking the West eighty and he the East. I had already moved a a small stable from Arkansas City, I now moved our house and on October 12 Th. brought Jennie and the little boys, Fred and George, to the new home. Here we had our little two room house and a stable for two horses, setting out on the bare, burned off prairie, with no feed or fuel and but little money, The future was not very bright. The first winter we dug a well, built a fence around about twenty acres for pasture, dug a small cellar under the house and fixed everything we could so we would be ready for the spring work.

In the spring of 1894 I plowed the West forty acres with the two horses that I had, plowing about one acre in the forenoon's and planting it to corn or kafir by hand, with a jab planter, letting the horses graze in the afternoons, while I was planting. Not having any grain to feed them I could work them but a half day at a time. This being a very dry summer the crop was an entire failure, the kafir made a few heads, so I had about two wagon box loads of heads that made feed for the few chickens we had. I cut what corn fodder there was and tied in bundles about the size of wheat bundles. One of my horses having died, a neighbor agreed to swap work, cutting kafir, each putting in one horse and cutting with a sled cutter. This went fine until my horse got a heel badly cut on the knife on the cutter. Then I had only a crippled horse that was unable to work. I had to borrow a team to haul wood or to do any team work that had to be done. I had to beg a ride to Kildare to get our supplies and the mail. Many times it was two weeks between times of going. By spring the horse's heel had gotten well, but with a crippled foot. Buying a three year old mare I now had a very poor team.

This year, 1895 we put out a crop of corn, karfir and garden. But being a very dry year again. We raised very little. Having one cow and a few hens we sometimes had a little butter and few dozen eggs to trade for groceries. We had no money to buy clothes so we wore the rags of what we brought with us, went barefooted in the warm weather, the children wearing moccasins made of old clothing. We ate bread cakes and mush made from corn or kafir meal, ground on a horse power feed mill, and wheat boiled until soft, with milk and little sugar, if we had it, and we liked it. We never went hungry, but how we would have enjoyed some of the many good things we did not have. In the fall of 1895 I sowed seven bushels of wheat on seven acres and the next year threshed eighty-five bushels. I put the wheat in the bedroom and slept on it. That fall I rented ninety acres for wheat, sowed all my eighty-five bushels and bought a few more bushels to make enough to seed this field. I plowed this ninety acres with a fourteen inch walking plow, plowed part of it with two horses, then I bought another on a year's time with no down payment. Then I plowed much faster. Crops were much better this year, but we had nothing to sell that brought much money. We still had a few rags to wear and food was about the same as we had been having the last two years. In 1897 I planted the home place to row crops.

July 3, 1897, George died and we had him buried in the Banner Cemetery. We moved the body to the Newkirk Cemetery in 1924. Our wheat made about twenty-four hundred bushels. Our share was almost sixteen hundred bushels. We sold enough at about seventy cents per bushel to pay the doctor's bill and funeral expenses, and for the horse that we had bought the fall before, a new binder, lumber to build a bin for part of the wheat, and a lot of new clothes that we were needing very much. I did not tell you that I wore pieces of burlap tied to my feet while plowing for this wheat crop.

From this time we had the necessities of life, food, clothing, and shelter. Many people now (1937) are on relief, or working on some made work and think they are having a hard time to get along. They are living well as compared with the way many of the settlers did here the first three years after the opening of this country to settlement. Then there was no aid of any kind. What we did not have we went without. We lived on the eighty, improving it by setting out large orchard, building a barn and a house and other buildings. We sold it the fall of 1907 and bought the SW 1/4 of Section 24, Township 28N, Range 1E, moving in the spring of 1908. We repaired the house before moving, putting up the Windmill that summer and building a barn that fall. We built the house where we now live the summer of 1919.

Each year we improved the farm in some way, building buildings, fences, terraces, baffles, pond, setting out fruit trees and forest trees and straightening the creek, and have done many other things that would make the farm better.

Now, February. 1937 Jennie and I are living on the farm, working hard and enjoying good health. She will be seventy-one years old next May and I was seventy-five last month.

Ancestors of Lewis F. Carroll

Generation No. 1

1.  Lewis F. Carroll, born January 03, 1862 in Union Twp, Union City , Erie Co., Pa.; died January 29, 1951 in Newkirk, Okla..  He was the son of 2. Frank Carroll and 3. Emily Mary Pratt.  He married (1) Sarah Jane [Jennie] Draper May 01, 1884 in Union Twp, Union City , Erie Co., Pa..  She was born May 17, 1866 in Erie Co. Pa., and died June 22, 1950 in Newkirk, Okla..  She was the daughter of A. J. Draper.

Generation No. 2

2.  Frank Carroll, born September 09, 1837 in Union Twp, Union City , Erie Co., Pa.; died January 29, 1902 in Union Twp, Union City , Erie Co., Pa..  He was the son of 4. John Carroll I and 5. Emily Strong.  He married 3. Emily Mary Pratt March 25, 1860 in Erie Co. Pa..

3.  Emily Mary Pratt, born 1836 in Erie Co., Pa.; died October 04, 1918 in Detroit, Mich..  She was the daughter of 6. Timothy Pratt II and 7. Mary Dean Kendall.

Children of Frank Carroll and Emily Pratt are: 1 i. Lew F. Carroll, born January 03, 1862 in Union Twp, Union City , Erie Co., Pa.; died January 29, 1951 in Newkirk, Okla; married Sarah Jane Draper May 01, 1884 in Union Twp, Union City , Erie Co., Pa..

Generation No. 3

4.  John Carroll I, born April 30, 1809 in Union Twp, Union City , Erie Co., Pa.; died November 04, 1884 in Union Twp, Union City , Erie Co., Pa..   He was the son of 8. George Willard Carroll I and 9. Mary M. Morrison.  He married 5. Emily Strong 1836 in Union Twp, Union City , Erie Co., Pa..

5.  Emily Strong, born January 17, 1811 in Erie Co. Pa.; died October 18, 1886 in Union Twp, Union City , Erie Co., Pa..

Children of John Carroll and Emily Strong are: 2 i. Frank Carroll, born September 09, 1837 in Union Twp, Union City , Erie Co., Pa.; died January 29, 1902 in Union Twp, Union City , Erie Co., Pa; married Emily Mary Pratt March 25, 1860 in Erie Co. Pa..

6.  Timothy Pratt II, born May 04, 1801 in Erie County, Pa.; died September 12, 1890 in Erie County, Pa..  He was the son of 12. Timothy Pratt I and 13. Ruhama Amy Russell.  He married 7. Mary Dean Kendall.

7.  Mary Dean Kendall, born February 19, 1804 in Tunbrdge, Vermont; died February 18, 1897 in Union City, Pennsylvania.  She was the daughter of 14. Morrill Kendall and 15. Sally Ingalls.

Children of Timothy Pratt and Mary Kendall are: 3 v. Emily Mary Pratt, born 1836 in Erie Co., Pa.; died October 04, 1918 in Detroit, Mich; married Frank Carroll March 25, 1860 in Erie Co. Pa..

Generation No. 4

8.  George Willard Carroll I, born July 31, 1779 in Killishandra County, Caven, Ireland; died May 01, 1873 in Union Twp, Union City , Erie Co., Pa..   He was the son of Ferdinand Carroll I and Isabella Johnstone.  He married 9. Mary M. Morrison 1806 in Pittsburgh, Pa..

9.  Mary M. Morrison, born 1788 in Ireland; died September 03, 1853 in Union Twp, Union City , Erie Co., Pa..

Children of George Carroll and Mary Morrison are: 4 ii. John Carroll I, born April 30, 1809 in Union Twp, Union City , Erie Co., Pa.; died November 04, 1884 in Union Twp, Union City , Erie Co., Pa; married Emily Strong 1836 in Union Twp, Union City , Erie Co., Pa..

12.  Timothy Pratt I, born August 11, 1759 in Needham, Ma.; died July 23, 1848 in Waterford, Pa..  He was the son of Moses Pratt and Jemima Alden.  He married 13. Ruhama Amy Russell July 30, 1797 in Malden, Ma..

13.  Ruhama Amy Russell, died January 25, 1862 in Waterford, Pa..

Child of Timothy Pratt and Ruhama Russell is: 6 i. Timothy Pratt II, born May 04, 1801 in Erie County, Pa.; died September 12, 1890 in Erie County, Pa; married Mary Dean Kendall.

14.  Morrill Kendall, born December 23, 1779 in Sanford, Maine; died April 12, 1850 in Le Boeuf, Pa..  He was the son of Levi Ralph Kendall and Ingalls.  He married 15. Sally Ingalls.

15.  Sally Ingalls, born July 15, 1782; died June 30, 1863.

Children of Morrill Kendall and Sally Ingalls are: 7 iii. Mary Dean Kendall, born February 19, 1804 in Tunbrdge, Vermont; died February 18, 1897 in Union City, Pennsylvania; married Timothy Pratt II.


This page was last updated on  Wednesday, October 17, 2001 .

Return to Erie County Genealogy

Return to Erie County Family Histories

Return to Union Township

2016 Erie County Pennsylvania Genealogy