218 Alter Street, East Carnegie is the first ‘Saint’. St Andrew’s Church dates to 1905 when a group of German Lutherans living in Carnegie and East Carnegie began English language Lutheran Sunday School and worship services in Martin’s Hall at Broadway and Main Street. The Lutheran Church in Crafton, St. Matthews, provided pastoral leadership. By 1910 the congregation had its charter and had built its church on John St. John Street later changed its name to Alter Street.
St. Andrew’s Lutheran Church came into being partlye cause the founders recognized the need for English language services. The Centennial Pastor is Rev. Beth Siebert.