ST. MARY'S POLISH CATHOLIC CHURCH.
This church, which has been established a few years, is situated on
Maple Street and is now under the care of the Rev.
John Andrzejewski, who has had charge of the parish since 1905,
having under his care 250 families or about 1,400 souls. In connection
with the church there is a prospering parish school, which has an
enrollment of sixty pupils. Father Andrzejewski
was born in Milwaukee of Polish parents. He was ordained to the
priesthood by Bishop Ireland, at St. Paul
University, and before coming to New Castle was assistant pastor of
Butler parish, in Butler County, Pennsylvania.
Century History of New Castle and Lawrence County, 1908, pages 220-221