UNITED PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH of Wurtemburg was organized in
1859 by Rev. Thomas Guthrie, D. P., who
supplied it for some time. The members originally belonged to the
Reformed Presbyterian Church of Perry Township. The first regular pastor
of the new organization was Rev. J. H. Peacock,
who came about 1867 and preached five years. The next regular pastor was
Rev. John P. Glenn, who was installed
November 1, 1874, and also had charge of the Center Church in Shenango
Township. The original membership was about eighty. A Sabbath-school has
been kept up most of the time. The church lot was furnished by James
Mehard, one of the members of the congregation, and a large frame
church built upon it in 1860.
portion of the congregation, some forty-five members, left the church in
1873, and formed a new congregation in Perry Township called Camp Run.
They built a church in 1874, and have meetings in connection with
Mountvile United Presbyterian Church, in the same township.
Century History of New Castle and Lawrence County, 1908, page 362