Search billions of records on

  New Wilmington 

Methodist Episcopal Church


The Methodist Episcopal society was organized about 1839, and the next year the frame church was built. The building was enlarged and repaired in 1858. The first pastor of this congregation was probably Rev. Mr. Benn. Following him came Rev. Mr. Parker; then the appointment was made a double one, and Revs. Leslie and Lane were appointed. In the spring of 1843, a Sabbath-school was organized at New Wilmington, with Robert Ramsey as its first superintendent.

Twentieth Century History of New Castle and Lawrence County, 1908, page 371



Return to the Lawrence County

Genealogy Main Page  

Or visit one of these major sections of the site:

Bible Records


Birth, Death, Marriages

Books and Lookups




County Info

Family Histories


Men of the Cloth




Old Photos


Wills, Deeds, Pensions


Mercer County USGenWeb   Crawford County USGenWeb

Western PA Orphans    Western PA Old Photos   Men of the Cloth

Lawrence County Genealogy is part of the USGenWeb and PAGenWeb projects.  All documents, photos, materials and graphics contained in the Lawrence County Genealogy pages are copyrighted by the submitter and by this site.  You may not use them elsewhere, whether in print or electronically, without written permission.

Space provided by Rootsweb. 

Copyright 2005 Teri A. Brown. All rights reserved.