Search billions of records on Ancestry.com

  New Wilmington 
 

Second United Presbyterian Church

 

The Second United Presbyterian Church was organized as an Associate Reformed congregation by the Presbytery of the Lakes, February 27, 1850. Rev. William A. Mehard was its first pastor. The original congregation consisted of thirty-two members. A church was built in 1852 and was used until 1862, after which time their meetings were held in the college building. A Sabbath-school was organized in 1852.

Twentieth Century History of New Castle and Lawrence County, 1908, page 371

 

   

Return to the Lawrence County

Genealogy Main Page  

Or visit one of these major sections of the site:

Bible Records

Biographies

Birth, Death, Marriages

Books and Lookups

Cemeteries

Census

Churches

County Info

Family Histories

Maps

Men of the Cloth

Military

Miscellaneous

Obituaries

Old Photos

Orphans

Wills, Deeds, Pensions

Places

Mercer County USGenWeb   Crawford County USGenWeb

Western PA Orphans    Western PA Old Photos   Men of the Cloth

Lawrence County Genealogy is part of the USGenWeb and PAGenWeb projects.  All documents, photos, materials and graphics contained in the Lawrence County Genealogy pages are copyrighted by the submitter and by this site.  You may not use them elsewhere, whether in print or electronically, without written permission.

Space provided by Rootsweb. 

Copyright 2005 Teri A. Brown. All rights reserved.