ALFRED C. HYDE, registrar and re-corder of Lawrence County, Pennsylvania, is proprietor of one of the leading drug stores at New Castle, where he is a representative citizen. He was born November 10, 1866, at Sharon Pa., and is a son of John W. and Sarah (Marshall) Hyde, who reared a family of seven children. John W. Hyde was a mechanic by trade.
Alfred C. Hyde was educated at the Sharon and Middlesex schools and in 1889 attended the Pittsburg College of Pharmacy. Prior to 1890, when he came to New Castle, he had carried on a drug business, in Middlesex, which he continued after locating in this city, his present store being one of the most reliable, best equipped and most modern in New Castle. He is a zealous Republican and on the ticket of that party he was first elected registrar and recorder of Lawrence County in 1900. He was re-elected in 1903, serving until 1908, and being a valued and popular public official.
Mr. Hyde was married (first) to Minnie Espy and (secondly) to Nellie F. Murphy. Mr. Hyde is a Presbyterian and Mrs. Hyde is a member of the Methodist Church. Their pleasant home is located at No. 408 North Cedar Street, New Castle. Fraternally, Mr. Hyde is connected with the Odd Fellows, the Elks and the Knights of Pythias.
Source: Twentieth Century History of New Castle and Lawrence County, 1908, page 564