SAMUEL DE GRAFF PEARSON, president of the Croton Limestone Company, with offices on the ground floor of the Pearson Block, on Washington Street, New Castle, is a young man who has made a success of his business in his native city, where he was born June 4, 1877. He is a son of Joseph K. and Catherine (De Graff) Pearson.
The late Joseph K. Pearson, father of Samuel D., was one of New Castle's leading and substantial citizens. For a number of years he was associated with his brother, David W. Pearson, in a clothing business, on Washington Street, and in 1893 together they erected the commodious Pearson Block in this city. Joseph K. later became interested in the limestone business, owning the valuable quarries which are situated two miles northeast of New Castle, in Hickory Township. He died August 15, 1892, but his widow survives.
Samuel De Graff Pearson was reared at New Castle, was educated in her excellent schools and has continued his business interests here, investing his capital and employing home labor. He has a pleasant home and a wide circle of friends. He married Florence Stunk and they have one child, Evelyne. Mr. Pearson is a member of the Order of Elks.
Source: History of New Castle and Lawrence County and Representative Citizens, 1908, page 623