Search billions of records on


 New Wilmington

 Methodist Episcopal Church


Return To
Churches Index Page


The Methodist Episcopal society was organized about 1839, and the next year the frame church was built. The building was enlarged and repaired in 1858. The first pastor of this congregation was probably Rev. Mr. Benn. Following him came Rev. Mr. Parker; then the appointment was made a double one, and Revs. Leslie and Lane were appointed. In the spring of 1843, a Sabbath-school was organized at New Wilmington, with Robert Ramsey as its first superintendent.

Source: Twentieth Century History of New Castle and Lawrence County, 1908, page 371


Return To Churches Index Page


Return to the Lawrence County Genealogy Main Page

Lawrence County Genealogy is part of the USGenWeb and PAGenWeb projects. All documents, photos, materials and graphics contained in the Lawrence County Genealogy pages are copyrighted by the submitter and by this site. You may not use them elsewhere, whether in print or electronically, without written permission.

Space provided by Rootsweb.
Copyright © 2000-20013,   Jeanne Hall - All rights reserved.