RICH HILL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH was organized at the Spring Session of 1840, by a committee from the Presbytery of Allegheny (now Butler). It takes its name from the tract of land on which the church is located. The lot was purchased from B. Anderson, formerly of Bucks County, Pennsylvania, the owner of the tract. The original congregation consisted of about thirty members, and was made up of members from the Neshannock congregation principally. Some came from New Castle, some from Mercer, and some from Plain Grove. The church stands on the old Beaver and Mercer State Road. This church sprung from a Sabbath-school which had flourished for some twenty-five years, holding its meetings in the old schoolhouse. They also occasionally had preaching-Rev. William Woods and Rev. John Munson occasionally holding evening meetings, some time before the church was organized. The first regular preacher of this congregation was Rev. Newton Bracken, who ministered for fifteen years. The church is in the south eastern part of Wilmington Township.
The names of those who have served as pastor of the Rich Hill Presbyterian Church since 1877 follow: Rev. Cooper, Rev. Hill, Rev. Davis, Rev. Stewart, and Rev. C. B. Wible, who is the present pastor. The church officers are: Elders, Messrs. Snyder, W. W. Drake, D. P. Welker, Reed, W. M. C. Drake, Martin and McKnight; the deacons, Messrs. Carr, Blevins, McDowell and Wilson; the trustees, Messrs. Joseph Martin, John McConnell, William Welker, Fisher, O. A. Morehead; and church treasurer, D. P. Welker. The present church membership is 178, and that of the Sabbath-school 100.
Source: Twentieth Century History of New Castle and Lawrence County, 1908, pages 369-370