Search billions of records on Ancestry.com

  

 New Castle

 St. Mary's Polish Catholic Church

 


Return To
Churches Index Page



 

ST. MARY'S POLISH CATHOLIC CHURCH. This church, which has been established a few years, is situated on Maple Street and is now under the care of the Rev. John Andrzejewski, who has had charge of the parish since 1905, having under his care 250 families or about 1,400 souls. In connection with the church there is a prospering parish school, which has an enrollment of sixty pupils. Father Andrzejewski was born in Milwaukee of Polish parents. He was ordained to the priesthood by Bishop Ireland, at St. Paul University, and before coming to New Castle was assistant pastor of Butler parish, in Butler County, Pennsylvania.



Source: Twentieth Century History of New Castle and Lawrence County, 1908, pages 220-221

 
 

Return To Churches Index Page

 

Return to the Lawrence County Genealogy Main Page



Lawrence County Genealogy is part of the USGenWeb and PAGenWeb projects. All documents, photos, materials and graphics contained in the Lawrence County Genealogy pages are copyrighted by the submitter and by this site. You may not use them elsewhere, whether in print or electronically, without written permission.

Space provided by Rootsweb.
Copyright © 2000-20013,   Jeanne Hall - All rights reserved.