Books, CDs, and Publications about Lawrence County, and Lookup Volunteers
Volunteers provide a short lookup
service from various material
on history, cemeteries, and other
items of interest to people looking for their ancestors in Lawrence County.
How can you help?
Become a lookup volunteer!
If you'd like to be a Lookup Volunteer, please contact me.
Guidelines for requesting information from a lookup volunteer
1. Remember, the idea is short lookups. Please keep this in mind; it's a free service,
courtesy of our volunteers. Please don't request or expect a volunteer to do a bunch of
actual research for you.
2. Be as specific as possible in your request and limit it to one or two individuals or
families. Please don't ask for something like all of the SMITHs or JONESes on the 1900 census.
3. Be aware of the "Fair Use" provisions of the copyright laws. Short lookups of publicly
available information are fine. However, the distribution of photocopies or verbatim
transcriptions of significantly large sections of a work still under copyright protection
without the author's permission is a definite no-no. For the curious, see here for more info.
4. Be patient. The volunteers are often inundated with requests and it may take some time
for them to get to yours.
5. Don't forget to thank the volunteer for taking the time to look up the information for
Return to Cemetery Index Page
Return to Lawrence County Main Page