*NEW* Oak Hill Cemetery - Bradford
McKean County Pennsylvania was established March 26, 1804, being set off from Lycoming.
On December 13, 1805, Governor McKean appointed John Prevost, John Bell, and Thomas Smith trustees for the new county under the act of March 26.
The townships, of McKean County, established when the county was organized are Sargeant and Ceres.
Keating Township was established in 1824;
Bradford Township in 1828;
Liberty in 1828;
Corydon in 1829;
Hamilton in 1834;
Norwich in 1835;
Lafayette and Eldred in 1843;
Hamlin in 1844;
Otto in 1854;
Annin in 1860.
Smethport was organized in 1853;
Bradford borough in 1873;
Foster township in 1880; and
Eldred, Duke Centre (since discontinued) and Kane boroughs since 1878;
Port Allegany was organized in 1882;
Kendall borough in 1881.
Last Updated: Jan. 17, 2009