William Sporey of Neshannock, a
valued employee of the Ella Furnace Company for many years died at Buhl
Hospital from the effects of injuries sustained yesterday afternoon
while at work in the cast house. He and others were changing a
worn chill and he was caught with the bar with which they were raising
it, when one of the hooks that was fastened to the chill slipped off.
He was thrown into the air and alighted on his head on another of the
chills, fracturing his skull. He was hurried to the Buhl Hospital
in the Pettit ambulance and although everything possible was done for
him his death resulted.
Mr. Sporey was a consistent
member of Lebanon church. The funeral will be held from the church
at 2 o'clock Thursday afternoon. Rev Mr. Jordan will officiate and
interment will be made in the church cemetery.
by Cindy Rollinson Homchosky