From left: R.
J. Kemm, S. H. Kemm, Thomas Sturgin, T. M. Flemming and
Bethany congregation of the Cumberland Presbyterian Church in the Allegheny
Presbytery. The request was granted and on April 1, 1876, at a
congregational meeting, the following elders were elected for a term of five
years: Mr. John Kemm, David Zahniser, Daniel
McClure, William McKay and F. M. Flemming.
The last two still continue in this relation .
Mr. Thomas Kemm, John Zahniser, James Palmer and
James Hamilton were later added to the session; and
within recent years Messrs. Johnson and Samuel
Kemm, Thomas Sturgin and W.
W. Runkle have been elected to fill places made vacant by the death or
removal of those who preceded them.
The church also had a board of deacons and trustees. The deacons are
the following persons: Porter Zahniser, William
Nicklin, John Stubbs and George Lyons.
The trustees are F. A. Vincent, Clarence Harrison
and William Key.