May, 1874; John Davidson was received as an
elder and elected in the spring of 1866. All these faithful and
true, with the exception of Mr. Mc Fate, have
passed to their reward. John M. Linn
and Abner Bean were ordained and installed in
1887, Dr. M. J. McElhaney was elected and
installed the same year, having been certified as an elder from
Sharon. Andrew Davis was also
installed, being certified as an elder from Hartstown.
of Rev. J. C. Scouller, D. D.
seventh pastor of the church was Rev. J. C. Scouller,
D. D., son of Dr. J. Y.
Scouller. He was born at Fair Haven, Ohio - - a town which
has furnished nearly a score of ministers to the United Presbyterian
church. He was graduated from Washington and Jefferson college and
from Allegheny Theological seminary. He was licensed by Monongahela
presbytery. He was ordained by the Wheeling presbytery and installed
as pastor of Uniontown, O., congregation in September 1883. This
pastorate continued with great acceptance until the settlement of
Greenville. In the fall of 1888, a call was made by this
congregation which was accepted and he began his labors here in October
1888, and was installed
to the next page