was a small village about five miles east of Mercer near the line
separating Findley and Wolf Creek Townships.
first settlers came to Irishtown in the 1800s, many of them being of Irish
descent from Washington County, PA. John Barnes
was probably the first settler, building on a farm in Irishtown in 1807.
John Galbreath, a teacher, suggested the name.
from Irishtown attended "The Bottom School" located in the
valley between Irishtown and Pardoe.
McKay started his carriage business in Irishtown, but later moved
to Grove City.
was the site of one of the first post offices in Mercer County, and the
first post office in the area. It was established in 1851 and known
as Pardoe Station, named for the larger coal mining community
developing a mile to the west. In September 1873, the post office was
renamed for the nearby thriving community of Pardoe.
disappeared by the late 1800s.