Search billions of records on Ancestry.com

  Townships Boroughs Villages 
 

Pardoe 

 

Pardoe, a station on the P. S. & L. E. Railroad, is a sprightly village of several hundred inhabitants. Its growth has been dependent upon the activity of the adjoining coal mines, which have given occupation to the people of the community. It was laid out in 1869 by the Mercer Mining and Manufacturing Company. Lots for school and church purposes were donated at the inception. Three churches, a Presbyterian, a Methodist and a Catholic,

have been since established, the organizations dating back some ten years. Bernard Heidrich started the first store. The property finally fell into the hands of C. M. Derickson, of Mercer. 

History of Mercer County, 1888, page 528

 

Return to Pardoe    

 
 

 

All photos, documents and graphics contained in the Mercer County Genealogy pages are copyrighted by the submitter and by this site.  You may not use them elsewhere, whether in print or electronically, without written permission.  

Space provided by RootsWeb.  

 

Copyright 2004 Teri A. Brown, Walter Brown and Assoc. All rights reserved.