Massy Harbison-Fort Hand Chapter, NSDAR
|The Story of Massy Harbison||The Story of Fort Hand||Our Meetings||How to
Join Us/Our Ancestors
|What We Do||Our History||E-mail Us|
Fort Crawford was located on the Allegheny River at what is now the Parnassus section of New Kensington, PA. It was used primarily as a supply fort.
A four ton marker with a bronze plaque was put on the site by the Massy Harbison Chapter, NSDAR, and dedicated on May 13, 1942, during the 150th anniversary of the Logan's Ferry Presbyterian Church on whose property it stands. It was re-dedicated on July 30, 1991, during New Kensington's centennial celebration.
The chapter was
granted an easement in 1999 so that the monument would never be moved or
destroyed should the property on which it stands be sold.
|Home Page||Next Page|
Web hyperlinks to
non-DAR sites are not the responsibility of the NSDAR,
the state organizations, or individual DAR chapters.