Rev. B. B. Ferer, D. D., son of William and Susan (Beatty) Ferer, was born in Easton, Pa., Nov. 21st, 1853, graduated from the Easton High School in 1871, Franklin and Marshall College, with the Franklin Oration, in 1871 and from the Eastern Theological Seminary in 1878; was licensed by East Pennsylvania Classis
in 1878; ordained by Westmoreland Classis the same year, Rev. G. D. Gurley being chairman of the committee. Pastorates: Pleasant Unity, Pa., 1878-1884; Riegelsville, Pa., 1884-1906; Meadville, Pa., 1906.
Received the degree of D. D., in 1901; president of Eastern Synod, member of the Board of Visitors of the Eastern Seminary, Phi Beta Kappa, president of the School Controllers of Meadville for six years. Dr. Ferer's labors were marked by improvements to the church property, and largely increased benevolence, the beautiful church in Meadville, now free from debt, being the crowning evidence. Rev. Mr. Ferer was married to Miss Laura F. Kline, of Lancaster, Pa., Oct. 6th, 1880. There are four children: Charles K., M. D., Edmund Feltz, Civil Engineer, Ruth, teacher in the Meadville High School, and Clara, in her brother's office in Meadville.
The History of the Pittsburgh Synod of the Reformed Church in the United States by David B. Lady, 1920, pages 431-432