Frederick B. Hahn, son of Richard and Sophia (Bender) Hahn, was born in Plainfield Township, Northampton County, Pa., Sept. 8th, 1847. He graduated from Kutztown Normal School in 1869; from Franklin and Marshall College in 1875, and from the Lancaster Seminary in 1878. He was licensed to preach in 1878 by Lancaster Classis, and ordained by St. Paulís Classis, the same year. He was pastor of the Greenville congregation in Mercer County, Pa., for six years. From 1884 to 1885 he served the Mt. Pleasant charge in Westmoreland County, Pa.; from 1885 to 1888, the Meadville charge, in Crawford County, Pa.; from 1888 to 1889 he served the English Mission in Cleveland, Ohio; and from 1889 to 1892 a newly organized congregation in Kutztown, with one at Topton; and from 1892 to 1901 he was pastor Faith and St. James Congregations, Reading, Pa. He was stated clerk of Reading Classis. He died in his home in Reading, May 16th, 1901, aged fifty-three years eight months and eight days.†
The History of the Pittsburgh Synod of the Reformed Church in the United States: prepared in commemoration of its fiftieth anniversary, by David B. Lady, 1920, pages 176-177.
on Rev. Frederick B. Hahn