Harvey S. Nicholson, son of Mr. and Mrs. Simon C. R. Nicholson, was born in Elk Lick Township, Somerset County, Pa., Dec. 28th, 1861; educated at Clarion Collegiate Institute, Grove City College and the Heidelberg Theological Seminary; licensed by Somerset Classis May 9th, 1896; ordained by St. Joseph's Classis, Aug. 2d, 1896: committee: Revs. F. Ware, and J. A. Albright. Rev. J. M. Schick, D. D., preached the sermon by request. Pastorates: Colon, Mich., 8 years; the Beaver charge, Pa., 10 years and 4 months; Grove City, Pa., since Oct., 1914. Married to Miss Lily Good, of Tiffin, Ohio, Oct. 12th, 1897. Four children: Paul Reuben, Stanley Reese, Anna, and Nevin Good Nicholson. Organized the congregation at Colon, Mich., built two new churches, repaired two and bought a parsonage; stated clerk of St. Joseph's Classis; stated clerk of St. Paul's Classis; president of Clarion Classis; member of the board of directors of St. Paul's Orphans' Home; editor of the Gleaner and of the Guardian and twice a delegate to General Synod.
The History of the Pittsburgh Synod of the Reformed Church in the United States by David B. Lady, 1920, pages 433-434