Henry E. Snyder

 

Rev. Henry E. Snyder was born near Boquet, Westmoreland county, Pennsylvania, January 1, 1864, and is a son of David L. Snyder. His father was born in Westmoreland County, November 19, 1833, taught school for twelve years, and was later engaged in merchandising and farming. He now resides upon a farm in Penn township, Westmoreland county, which he purchased in 1886. He is a trustee and has been a deacon in the Reformed church, and in politics, he is a Republican. He married Mary A., daughter of John Kline, of Penn township, Westmoreland county, in 1856, and has the following children: Addison C.; Elizabeth E.; Amanda J.; Henry E.; Emma S.; Daniel J.; Anne M., and Norah V. The subject of this sketch received a common school education, and then attended Delmont Academy, and later, Murrysville Academy. He next taught school for three years, and in 1885 entered the university at Tiffin, Ohio, where he was graduated in 1888. He afterwards attended Franklin and Marshall Theological Seminary, at Lancaster, completed the full course, graduated May 14, 1891, and was licensed to preach by Westmoreland Classis, at Pleasant Unity, Westmoreland county, on Saturday, May 23, 1891. In June, 1891, he received and accepted a call from Bethany Reformed church of Butler, and has since had charge of that congregation. Mr. Snyder was married May 14, 1891, to Miss Imogene M. Long, of Lancaster, and has two children: Cecil, and Alpheus N. 

 

History of Butler County, 1895, page 803

 

 

All documents, photos, materials and graphics contained in the Men of the Cloth pages are copyrighted by the submitter and by this site.  You may not use them elsewhere, whether in print or electronically, without written permission. Space  provided by Rootsweb and historicpa.net.
Old Photos & Genealogy Blog familyoldphotos.com historicpa.net
  old-yearbooks.com gendisasters.com
Copyright 2002-2007, All rights reserved.