Mount Pleasant or Middle Presbyterian Church located north of Mount
Pleasant [Westmoreland County] was organized in 1776 by Rev. James Power
who was the first regular ordained Minister of the Presbyterian
persuasion to settle in western Pennsylvania. He was the regular
supply minister at this church from 1776 to 1779, became its pastor and
served here until 1817. He died 5 August 1831 and is buried in the
church graveyard directly across the highway from the church.
Pa. Genealogical Society Quarterly Fall 1985 Vol. 12 No. 2