REV. JOHN ANDRZEJEWSKI, pastor of St. Mary's Polish Catholic Church of New Castle, has had charge of this parish since 1905, which includes 250 families, covering 1,400 souls. Notwithstanding his responsibilities, Father Andrzejewski is a young man, having been born February 2, 1874, at Milwaukee, Wis. His parents were Ignatius and Victoria (Wilebski)
The parents of Father Andrzejewski were born in Poland. They came to America in 1869 and settled at Milwaukee, Wis., where the mother still resides. The father engaged in merchandizing. He died in 1906. They have six children living.
Father Andrzejewski was primarily educated in the parochial schools of Milwaukee, continued studies at Marquette College, Milwaukee, for four years, and completed his education at St. Paul Seminary. On November 30, 1896, he was ordained to the priesthood by Archbishop Ireland, of St. Paul Seminary, and he was stationed first as assistant priest of St. Luke's Church of St. Paul. Six months later he was appointed pastor of St. Peter's Colored Church, St. Paul, and then took charge of a lonely mission situated fifteen miles from any railroad line. He labored there for six years and his ministrations are remembered with gratitude and affection by the Catholics scattered through that section. He then was appointed assistant pastor of the Butler Parish, in Butler County, Pennsylvania, and in 1905 he became pastor of St. Mary's at New Castle. His people love and reverence him. In addition to the usual duties of the parish priest, he has under his charge a prospering parish school which has an enrollment of sixty pupils.
Twentieth Century History of New Castle and Lawrence County and Representative Citizens, 1908, pages 620 and 623