third pastor [of the Presbyterian Church in Meadville] was Rev. John Van
Liew. He was ordained and installed August 22, 1821.
He gave the whole of his time to Meadville, and was released from his
charge, June 21, 1824..... Of those who have sustained the
pastoral relation to this church, besides the present incumbent, one
only survives — Dr. Van Liew.
of the Erie Presbytery, 1868 Click
to view the source for this material.