John Van Liew Reynolds

 

REV. JOHN VAN LIEW REYNOLDS, D. D.
John V. Reynolds was born in Meadville April 12, 1815, and has always resided at the place of his birth. After a preliminary education obtained in his own city, he entered Jefferson College, Cannonsburg, Pennsylvania, in 1831, and graduated in September, 1884. He then entered upon the study of theology at Princeton, New Jersey, which he continued until the fall of 1838, and in the following April was licensed to preach by the Presbytery of Erie, and soon was ordained minister and installed pastor of the First Presbyterian Church of Meadville by the same Presbytery. His pastoral relation was dissolved In April, 1869, since which time Dr. Reynolds has had no other charge.


Directory of Crawford County, 1879-80, page 258

 

The present pastor is John Van Liew Reynolds, D. D.; ordained and installed November 13, 1839.  Of those who have sustained the pastoral relation to this church, besides the present incumbent, one only survives Dr. Van Liew.

 

History of the Erie Presbytery, 1868 Click to view the source for this material.

 

All documents, photos, materials and graphics contained in the Men of the Cloth pages are copyrighted by the submitter and by this site.  You may not use them elsewhere, whether in print or electronically, without written permission. Space  provided by Rootsweb and historicpa.net.
Old Photos & Genealogy Blog familyoldphotos.com historicpa.net
  old-yearbooks.com gendisasters.com
Copyright 2002-2007, All rights reserved.