Louis Wagner

 

REV. LOUIS WAGNER, son of Nicholas H. and Catherine (Kuntz) Wagner, was born in Bavaria, Germany, August 24, 1857. His father was a professor of classics at St. Wendenlinus College, of the City of St. Wendenl, where our subject received his preparatory education, and graduated in 1880. He afterwards attended the University of Leipsic, where he was graduated in 1882. He came to the United States the same year, entered the theological department of Capital University, Columbus, Ohio, and graduated from that institution in 1885. He then commenced teaching classics in the German and English College at Wheeling, West Virginia, was called as pastor of St. John's church, Perryville, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, in 1885, and was ordained in 1885, in which year he accepted the pastorate of his present church at Evans City.  Mr. Wagner was married in 1886, to Sophia, daughter of Rev. C. F. W. Brecht, of Perryville, where the latter has had charge of a church for forty years, and has also preached in Butler county for twenty-four years. Two children are the fruits of this union: Tabitha, and Theodosia. Mr. Wagner is a member of the Joint Synod of Ohio and other States, and is one of the well-known ministers of his denomination. Politically, he is a Republican, is one of the enterprising citizens of the county, and takes a deep interest in all public matters.

History of Butler County, 1895, pages 1108-1109

 

All documents, photos, materials and graphics contained in the Men of the Cloth pages are copyrighted by the submitter and by this site.  You may not use them elsewhere, whether in print or electronically, without written permission. Space  provided by Rootsweb and historicpa.net.
Old Photos & Genealogy Blog familyoldphotos.com historicpa.net
  old-yearbooks.com gendisasters.com
Copyright 2002-2007, All rights reserved.