REV. PAUL GERHARDT KLINGLER, youngest son of Hermann Julius
Klinger, was born August 19, 1867, in Butler, where he was reared and received his
early education. At the age of fifteen he entered Capital University, Columbus, Ohio, and graduated in 1887. Thereupon he entered Mount Airy Seminary, of Philadelphia, and was graduated May 27, and ordained June 30, 1890. During his theological course he established missions at Manayunk, Pennsylvania, and Lansingburg, New York, and in April, 1890, was called to the pastorate of St. Michael's Lutheran church, one of the oldest of the denomination in Philadelphia. Here he labored until October, 1891, when he removed to Sherodsville, Ohio, pursuant to a call from the Bowerston charge, comprising three congregations and four churches. After two years of service in this field he was called, in October, 1893, to Trinity Lutheran church, of Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, where he now resides. He was married, June 25, 1890, to Alberta, daughter of the late Prof. William F.
Lehmann, president of Capital University, Columbus, Ohio, and by this marriage they have three sons:
Paul Lehmann, Hermann Julius and Jerome.
History of Butler County, 1895, pages 742-743