[Robert] Stockton, then in his twenty-first year, was called to be the
first pastor [of the Presbyterian Church in Meadville]. He was
ordained by the Presbytery of Ohio, on the 24th of June, 1801, and
installed as pastor of the congregations of Meadville and Little Sugar
Creek (now Cochranton). One half his time was given to each.
He was released from these charges June 27, 1810.
History of the
Erie Presbytery, 1868