REV. THOMAS C. ANDERSON was born in the northern part of Butler County, Pa., Aug. 5, 1826, graduated from Jefferson College in
1855, having taken his preparatory course in Witherspoon Institute,
Butler, Pa. He graduated from Princeton Theological Seminary, 1859, licensed by the Presbytery of Nassau the same year. After preaching several months at Frostburg he went to East Maryland, and after two years preaching at Rehoboth, he was ordained and installed by the Presbytery of Lewis in 1862. His other charges were, Slate Lick, Pa., 1865-1868, Huntington Valley 1869-1878, Harmonsburg and Evansburg for several years, Pencader church, Glasgow, Del., 1883, where he remained until his death, June 4, 1891.
History of the Scrubgrass Presbyterian Church, 1903