Welcome to the Shawnee Fort Chapter, NSDAR, web site
Thank you for visiting us.
Shawnee Fort Chapter, NSDAR, serves Plymouth and the surrounding areas. The history of Plymouth, Pennsylvania, and Shawnee Fort is very interesting, and we hope you will browse through our site to learn more about the inspiration for the chapter's name.
Our chapter meets on the third Saturday of the month. You'll see our calendar of meetings for this year on the left. There is no meeting in January, July, or August.
If you'd like more information about Shawnee Fort Chapter, NSDAR, or becoming a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution, please email our regent. She would be glad to help you. You can also click the membership link on our pages. It will take you right to the membership page of the National Society's site, where everything regarding membership and the application process is explained.
While our chapter was formed only a few years ago, our members are very active in the community. See what we have done lately on the activities page of our web site. All our activities support the DAR objectives of education, patriotism, and historic preservation.
Read more about the work of the National Society DAR on the national web site.
Enjoy your visit, but please come back. There is more to see here!
Chapter Meetings 2015-2016
- September 19th - WW2 Nursing program and luncheon Shavertown
- October 3rd - Fall Festival at Eckley
- October 24th 1pm - Hollenback Cemetery in Wilkes-Barre - Revolutionary War Patriot Grave ceremony
- November 14th 1pm - Toys-For-Tots
- December 12th 1pm - Christmas Party
- February 20th 1pm - American History Presentation, Plymouth Borough Hall
- March 19th 1pm- Women's History Month, Plymouth Borough Hall
- April - No meeting -PSSDAR State Conference, Lancaster PA
- May 21st 1 pm - Memorial Day Program
- June 5th - Hanover Green Cemetery - Heritage Days
- June 18th 12 Noon - Annual Flag Day Picnic - Frances Slocum State Park