Copying files to other sites requires permission from the submitters PRIOR to uploading to any other sites. We encourage links to our site.
In 1845 when the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church of the United States made a statement on slavery, certain members in Union, Oxford, Fagg's Manor, and Octoraro withdrew and built the Free Presbyterian Church of Colerain at Andrew's Bridge. This continued to function until April 14, 1874 when the Presbytery of West-minster transferred the local membership to the Union Presbyterian Church.
The Mellinger Congregation chose Andrew's Bridge on the Octoraro as an outpost on January 16, 1938. Lina May Thompson was the center of this work. By 1945 new quarters were built for this mission. Israel D. Rohrer and Bernard B. Kautz were the first super-intendents. Jacob K. Mellinger and Daniel D. Laman were the first ministers. The latter is now serving in the Boston, Massachusetts area. John R. Winey is the Deacon and recently Edwin H. Ranck has been called to the ministry. The Sunday School averages 65, a membership of 50, and a summer Bible School of 110 (average).