Copying files to other sites requires permission from the submitters PRIOR to uploading to any other sites. We encourage links to our site.
Four and one-half miles southeast of Quarryville is the Black Rock Spring as of yore. In the wooded hill to the north was 30 acres purchased from Mr. McClure by Frank M. Enck for a camp site. This has been increased to 50 acres. In 1955 organization, headed by Frank Enck, took form. Spots were cleared, roads built, and later buildings erected. The tabernacle seats 400. In 1958 the Black Rock Retreat Association was incorporated with 47 members. The pur-poses are thus stated:
1. To own and maintain campgrounds with suitable buildings and equipment for church activities.
2. To sponsor suitable church activities.
3. To provide opportunities for Christian teaching, fellowship and guided recreation in a Christian environment for children and young people.
4. To lease sites for privately built cottages upon the camp grounds of the Corporation.
The facilities include such recreation as archery, ping pong, volley ball, tennis, hiking, shuffleboard, surf coasting, basketball, swimming, boating, soft ball, box hockey, tether ball, horse back riding, horse-shoes, badminton, croquet. For the spiritual life one can take part in or receive in Bible classes, fireside chats, group singing, counseling and devotions. Each summer the program includes a Girls' Camp, a Boys' Camp, a Junior Hi Camp, Youth Retreats, a Christian Family Businessmen's Retreat, Mission Day Camp, a Music Conference, and a Christian Life Conference. It is used for weddings and other social events of the Church. Many are availing themselves of the use of this camp during the out-of-doors season.