Copying files to other sites requires permission from the submitters PRIOR to uploading to any other sites. We encourage links to our site.
Marticville Methodist Church is located in Martic Township, Lan-caster County, on a hill on the edge of the village of Marticville. For nearly 45 years, this church has been one of two on the Clearfield and Marticville Charge, although its history is much older. Marcticville is in the South District of the Philadelphia Conference of the Methodist Church.
The present minister at Marticville is the Reverend Lanta A Shol-ley, Junior. Morning Worship Service is held every Sunday at 10:30 A.M., preceded by Church School at 9: 15 AM. The present mem-bership of the church is 157
The Marticville congregation was organized about 1858, and a small building was erected for worship, commonly called "The Salt-Box Church." In 1861 a Church School was formed, and all services were held in a school house in Marticville. Later, services were moved to a meeting place, called Huber's Hall, in the town. The present edifice was erected in 1874 on the Good property, which contains one of the oldest cemeteries in Lancaster County. The oldest m_arker in the cemetery is over the grave of Johanes Guth who Was buried in 1739.
The bell tower was erected in 1922. In 1961 an addition WI1S built 10 t he back of the church, with classrooms on the ground floor and a modern kitchen in the basement. In 1965 the sanctuary was redecorated.
The church parsonage is a spacious brick home with garage, built about 35 years ago. It is located on the road from Marticville to Conestoga, less than a mile from the church,