The New Cemetery at Middle Octorara is located on the hill north of the church and is reached by stone steps and a walk extending northward up the hill across the cemetery. This walk is intercepted by paved driveways which enter from both east and west respectively from Route 372 and ascend the hill in a curve on either side to midway, where they turn in a straight line to the center plot of the cemetery. This center plot is about the size of four ordinary lots. It affords room for the convenience of a funeral party without the necessity of trespassing on other burial plots. This center plot, as well as the lower corners of the cemetery, is attractively planted with ornamental evergreens. A wind-break of larch and pines, planted alternately, extends along the northern boundary of the cemetery. A paved walk in the form of a cross, the gift of the Louis M. Chance family, extends from the stone steps to the center plot. This walk is also flanked with evergreens. Everything possible has been done to make this sacred spot a place of beauty.
The above arrangement of walks and drives divides the cemetery into four sections with the rows of stones running north and south. Our list of marked graves starts with the northeast section and continues clockwise, with each section listed separately. The reader may question why some stones bear a date earlier than 1907, when the cemetery was opened for burials. This is accounted for by the fact that some families have moved the bodies of relatives from their original burial place in the old graveyard near the church to the new location on the hill.