The chips of brick and slate of an early school-house can be found in Arthur Tout's garden located about 300 feet west of the present school on Saw-mill Road. John Beck, who owned the grist mill, went to school there in 1900 before the school burned down. The present two-story building was for grades 1-8; the first floor 1-4, second floor 5-8. There was a school on or near this site on the maps for 1858, 64, 75, and 99. This school was closed in 1953. The Theo. Edwards family lives here.