In 1858,1864 and 1875, the Rising Sun School was located in the northwest corner of Pennsy and Rawlinsville Roads, not in the present southeast corner. The old building stood just back of the Rising Sun blacksmith shop. An old township road was extended north over the hill to connect to Schoolhouse Road. The old house has recently been renovated and a driveway up that old road has been reopened. Spike Kreider has converted the Rising Sun School into a home.
photo from above named book
The present day owner of this property would be interested in photos of the school before it was converted to a residence.
He is also interested in any history on the school
the link below is for his email address if anyone can help with information or pictures
We also would like to thank him for the picture below which was taken in 2000