Copying files to other sites requires permission from the submitters PRIOR to uploading to any other sites. We encourage links to our site.
In Psalms 127:1 we read "Except the Lord build the House, they labour in vain that build it; except the Lord keep the city, the watch-man waketh but in vain." For the instrument in the hand of the Lord being used of Him in the beginning of a new work, this verse con-tains a precious admonition and warning. Only the material of His selection and the work of His direction will endure.
The Wakefield Bible Church had its beginning in a prayer meeting on Thursday, October 10, 1957, with 25 people present. Two weeks later, on October 24, 1957, there was a business meeting called for the purpose of organizing and selecting a place to hold meetings on the Lord's Day. The abandoned Cherry Hill School House was agreed upon to be a suitable place. It was also agreed upon to be known as the Cherry Hill Baptist Church. The following people were elected to responsible positions in the church; Superintendent-Paul A. Boyd, Secretary-Edna Mae Wiggins, Treasurer-Robert Gregg. Elected as teachers in the Sunday School were, Adult-Richard Dull, Intermediate-Shirley Gregg, Primary-Anna Mary Zander, Beginner -Miriam Zander. The following Lord's Day the first meeting of public worship was held in the aforenamed building at which time the congregation voted to have Reverend Richard Dull as their pastor.
In a regular business meeting on November 5, 1958, it was voted to begin plans for a building 36 by 80 feet on a lot already selected in Wakefield, Pennsylvania. Then in the following meeting on Decem-ber 3, 1958, it was suggested that we buy the Mechanic Grove Church of the Brethren which had been advertised for sale to be removed from the premises. These possibilities were immediately investigated, and on December 6, 1958 a meeting of the two groups was arranged which culminated in the purchase of the building for $1500. The building was dismantled and removed to Wakefield with an outlay of cash of $780.
On February 4, 1959, the congregation voted to change its name to the Wakefield Bible Church because of the change in location when we moved into the new building. Then on May 5, 1960, we held our first service in a building of God's building.
Investigate for yourself what God has built in Wakefield: a build-ing of extremely durable quality with 3600 feet of floor space for a total cash outlay of less than $25,000.