We are indebted to James Dibble for this historical
presentation, transcription and photographs..
William and Content (Rice) Bahr
Photos Taken Before 1890
Contributed by James Dibble
WILLIAM BAHR, b. 30 Apr 1824 in Windsor Twp., Berks Co., Pa; m. (29 Sept. 1847, Vestal, Broome Co., N.Y.), CONTENT IRENE RICE, b. 23 Feb 1820 at Otisco, Onondaga Co., N.Y,, daughter of William Rice and wife Content Palmer. They lived in Cherry Twp., Sullivan Co., Pa. (1850, 1860 census), Albany Twp., Bradford Co., (1870 census) and New Albany (1880 census). Content died 19 Apr 1890. He died 25 Feb 1891. Both were buried in Hillcrest Cemetery, New Albany, Bradford Co., Pa. Their children were:
i. Lester Lawrence2 Bahr; b. 25 May 1848; m. HANNAH ---, b. APR. 1855. She d. 25 Feb. 1920, and was bur. in Towanda. He d. 1921; bur. at New Albany, Bradford Co., Pa. They lived in Long Valley, Barclay Twp., Bradford Co. (1880 census), Albany Twp., Bradford Co. (1920 census).
ii. Morris E. Bahr; b. Jun 1850; d. young.
2. iii. Alice J. Bahr, b. circa 1853.
3. iv. Lucy Manima Bahr, b. 18 Jan 1854.
4. v. Dora E. Bahr, b. circa 1857.
vi. Jennie O. Bahr; b. 1859; married 2 Jul 1886, New Albany, SHELDON FRASIER; he was of Ithaca and she of New Albany when they married. [Bradford Journal, 22 July 1886].
5. vii. Rosina Delphina Bahr, b. circa 1861.
6. viii. William Hudson Bahr, b. July 1865.
2. Alice J.2 Bahr (William1); b. circa 1853; m. Christian Snyder b. April 1849, son of Adam Snyder. She d. between 1873 and 1880. Christian and second wife Susan were listed in the 1880 census in Elkland Twp., Sullivan Co., Pa. Their child was:
7. i. Jacob Lyman3 Snyder, b. 18 May 1873.
3. Lucy Manima2 Bahr (William1); b. 18 Jan 1854 in Cherry Twp., Sullivan Co., Pennsylvania; m. in 1874, , Van Wyck Dibble, b. 5 Dec. 1845, Pawling, Dutchess Co., N.Y., son of Joel Dibble and wife Hannah Mead. His name was also spelled Van Wike. His (1) wife Mary E. Sterigere had d. 3 Nov. 1873. He was a farmer. They lived on Sayman Road, below New Albany, in Albany Twp., Bradford Co., Pa. Lucy d. 12 Oct 1918. Joel d. 25 Apr 1925 in Albany Twp. Both were buried in Hillcrest cemetery, New Albany.
8. i. Mary Irene3 Dibble, b. 8 Jul 1875.
9. ii. Joel Oscar Dibble, b. 30 Mar 1877.
10. iii. Rose Elizabeth Dibble, b. 8 Aug 1880.
11. iv. Martha Magdalena Dibble, b. 13 Jan 1890.
v. Dora Emma Dibble; b. 12 Jun 1892; m. (1) ______ GUNTHER; m. (2) GUY BENEDICT; she d. 4 Oct 1919.
4. Dora EMMA2 Bahr (William1); b. circa 1857; married 17 May 1876 in Monroeton, Bradford Co., Pa., William W. Benjamin; he was of Asylum and she of New Albany when they married, by Rev. H. Armstrong [Bradford Reporter, 25 May 1876]. He was b. ca. 1846. They lived in Albany Two. (1880 census) and in Canton Twp., Bradford Co. (1910 census). He d. 3 Jan. 1927 and was buried in Park Cem., Canton Twp., Bradford Co.
i. Ethel A.3 Benjamin; b. circa 1895.
ii. Mable I. Benjamin; b. circa 1898.
iii. Lee Herbert Benjamin; b. 9 May 1900; d. 29 Oct 1975.
5. Rosina Delphina2 Bahr (William1); b. circa 1861; m. EDWARD SHERMAN, son of Henry Sherman and wife Elizabeth Thrash.
i. Lina3 Sherman.
ii. Lois Sherman.
6. William Hudson2 Bahr (William1); b. July 1865; m. CELIA WOODHEAD, b. Jan. 1855, daughter of Vincent Woodhead and wife Esther Ellen Molyneaux. They lived in Monroeton, Bradford Co., Pa. (1900 census) and Seaford, Sussex Co., Delaware (1930 census).
12. i. Fred Walton3 Bahr, b. 4 Oct 1888.
ii. Leonard Vinson Bahr; b. Nov 1889; d. 27 Jan 1890; bur. at Hillcrest Cemetery, New Albany, Bradford Co., Pa.
13. iii. Floyd Emmet Bahr, b. 16 Mar 1891.
14. iv. Emma Virginia Bahr, b. 20 Jan 1894.
7. Jacob Lyman3 Snyder (Alice2Bahr, William1); b. 18 May 1873 in Elkland Twp., Sullivan Co., Pa; m. in 1896, , Sarah R. Molyneaux, b. 21 Sept. 1870, Millview, Forks Twp., Sullivan Co., daughter of Thomas Molyneaux and wife Sarah Huckell. They lived in Elkland Twp., Sullivan Co., Pa. (1880, 1920, 1930 census). Sarah died 6 Dec 1931, Forks Twp., Sullivan Co., Pa He d. 5 Jun 1962.
15. i. Kenneth Lee4 Snyder, b. 15 Mar 1904, m. LELA NORTON.
ii. Elizabeth E. Snyder; b. 10 Jun 1905.
16. iii. Alice L. Snyder, b. 26 Oct 1914, m. RALPH LOOMIS.
8. Mary Irene3 Dibble (Lucy2Bahr, William1); b. 8 Jul 1875 in Albany Twp., Bradford Co., Pa. She was a school teacher. She m. 7 Mar 1907, George Edward Covey, b. 6 Apr. 1874, son of John Aden Covey and wife Laura Peckham,; Mary d. 28 Apr 1932. He d. in May 1950. Both were buried in Hillcrest Cemetery, New Albany, Bradford Co., Pa.
i. Laura Irene4 Covey; b. 28 Jul 1902.
She was a school teacher in Sullivan County. She lived in Mildred, Sullivan Co.
17. ii. Raymond Lionel Covey, b. 1 Aug 1904; m. 16 Aug 1927, IVA McCASLIN, daughter of Abe McCaslin and wife Edna Burdick.
iii. William Covey; b. 22 May 1907; d. 22 May 1907.
18. iv. John Chester Covey, b. 17 May 1908 at New Albany; m. 24 Jun 1931, ALMIRA JANE DICKINSON, , daughter of Byron Dickinson and wife Mable Ova Lattimer. He d. 26 Feb 1981 in Sayre, Bradford Co., Pa.; bur. in Ellistown Cem., Barton, Tioga Co., N.Y.
19. v. Eugene Ira Covey, b. 17 Mar 1912; m. 17 Oct 1933, LAURA MAE CAMP, daughter of Lewis Olando Camp and wife Emma Elsie Adline Bailey. He d. 1984.
9. Joel Oscar3 Dibble (Lucy2Bahr, William1); b. 30 Mar 1877 at Albany Twp., Bradford Co., Pennsylvania; m. 20 Dec 1905 at Methodist Episcopal Church, New Albany, Bradford Co., Pa., Julia Elizabeth Eilenberger, born on 28 Mar 1880 in Laddsburg, Albany Twp., daughter of William Henry Eilenberger and wife Minerva Ophelia Stevens. They lived in Albany Twp., where he continued on the farm his father had owned. Joel d. 22 Dec 1951 in Albany Twp. Julia died on 8 Mar 1955 at Elmira, Chemung Co., N.Y Both were buried in Hillcrest Cemetery, New Albany.
20. i. Mervil Elaine4 Dibble, b. 22 Sep 1908 at Albany Twp., Bradford Co., Pennsylvania; m. 4 May 1927, IVAN THERON LENOX, b. 7 May 1906, son of William L. Lenox and wife Martha M. Allen. She lived in Elmira, Chemung Co., N.Y., where she d. 1 Apr 1994.
21. ii. Arthur Elwell Dibble, b. 12 Aug 1912 at Albany Twp., Bradford Co., Pennsylvania; m. 6 Aug. 1933. Monroeton, Bradford Co., Pa., MYRTLE LOUISE KIMBALL, daughter of William Keaton Kimball and wife Laura Jeanette Kennedy. They lived in New Albany, Bradford Co., where he owned a television repair service. He d. 28 Jan 1986 in New Albany, and was bur. in Hillcrest Cem., New Albany.
22. iii. Velma Arline Dibble, b. 23 Apr 1917 at Albany Twp., Bradford, Pennsylvania; m. (1) 31 Dec 1933, JOHN RUSIN, b. 29 April 1910, son of John Rusin and wife Julia Ksnch. He died on 27 Jan 1945 at Elmira, Chemung Co., N.Y. Velma then m. (2), 1 Aug 1948, BERNARD EUGENE KANGAS, b. 27 March 1916, son of Hugo Kangas and wife Pearl Viola Vargason. He d. 12 Jul 1999, Elmira. She d. 12 Jul 1999 in Elmira. Both were buried in Woodlawn Cemetery.
iv. Eva Caroline Dibble; b. 20 Apr 1922; d. 1922.
10. Rose Elizabeth3 Dibble (Lucy2Bahr, William1); b. 8 Aug 1880 in Albany Twp., Bradford Co., Pa. She was a school teacher. She m. (1) Joseph L. Thall, son of Byron Thall and wife Sophia Forrest. She m. (2) George H. Wilcox, born 31 Aug 1853, who died 25 Mar 1946. She d. 9 July 1948. She and George were buried in Hillcrest Cemetery, New Albany.
i. Jean Everett4 Thall; b. 20 Aug 1912; d. 2 May 1932.
23. ii. Ralph Emerson Thall, b. 29 Nov 1916; m. 5 Apr 1942, ALBERTA ELIZABETH WILCOX, daughter of George Wilcox and wife Fern Redford,. He d. 1992; bur. Hillcrest Cem.
24. iii. Robert Bruce Thall, b. 23 Sep 1919; m. 15 Apr 1942, BEATRICE ELIZABETH REINBOLD, b. 28 Nov 1923, daughter of Maurice Reinbold and wife Emelia E. Shrimp. She d. 26 Oct. 1984.
11. Martha Magdalena3 Dibble (Lucy2Bahr, William1); b. 13 Jan 1890 in Albany Twp., Bradford Co., Pa; m. Murray Rinebold, born 29 Sep 1890, son of Addison Rinebold and wife Effie Allen. They had a farm at W. Elmira, Chemung Co., N.Y. Martha d. 10 Feb 1951. Murray d. 1 April 1975. Both were buried in Hillcrest Cemetery, New Albany, Pa.
25. i. Dora Marie4 Rinebold, b. 21 Aug 1920; m. 26 Dec 1947, STANLEY MELVIN HESS, son of Melvin Hess and Pearl Short.
ii. Lois Jean Rinebold; b. 1931; d. 12 Oct 1941; bur. at New Albany, Bradford Co., Pa.
12. Fred Walton3 Bahr (William2, William1); b. 4 Oct 1888 in New Albany, Bradford Co., Pa; m. (1) Olive Covert., who d. in 1967. He m. (2), LENA STAUB. He d. 12 May 1982 at Seaford, Sussex Co., Delaware. Children were by (1) wife:
26. i. Amy F.4 Bahr, m. Rex Bertram McCongely.
27. ii. Velma I. Bahr, m. Daniel Edwin Swisher.
28. iii. Phyllis C. Bahr, m. John Joseph Laskis.
29. iv. Esther Irene Bahr, m. (1) Mason Berton Browning, born on 11 Nov 1916. He died on 29 Jul 1968; m. (2) Charles W. Golden.
13. Floyd Emmet3 Bahr (William2, William1); b. 16 Mar 1891; m. 28 Dec 1913 at Wilmington, New Castle Co., Delaware., Tressa I. Morgan, b. 22 April 1893. They lived in Wilmington (1920 census).
30. i. Olive M.4 Bahr, m. John Leonard Morris.
ii. Mary C. Bahr; b. 14 May 1918; d. 25 Apr 1925.
31. iii. Earl L. Bahr, m. Charlotte Marie Stewart.
14. Emma Virginia3 Bahr (William2, William1); b. 20 Jan 1894; m. 30 Nov 1911, William Hill, b. 6 Jun 1880, Delaware. They lived in Sussex Co., Delaware. He died 30 Dec 1969.
32. i. Lois Enna4 Hill, m. Norman Mumford.
33. ii. Hudson Dewitt Hill, m. Gladys Boyce.
34. iii. Freda Elvira Hill, m. Leroy Burris, Jr.
35. iv. Gladys Evelyn Hill, m. John C. Burton.
36. v. Gerald Bahr Hill, m. (1) Eleanor Tull; m. (2), Gloria Lee Swift.
Copyright © 2004 Robert E. Sweeney and individual Contributors. All Rights Reserved. Prior written permission is required from Robert E. Sweeney and individual Contributors before this material can be printed or otherwise copied, displayed or distributed in any form. This is a FREE genealogy site sponsored through PAGenWeb and can be reached directly at ~Sullivan County Genealogy Project (http://www.rootsweb.com/~pasulliv)