What do we do?
Hundreds of women have belonged to our chapter over three centuries. We feel it is an honor to be able to keep the memory and ideals of our patriot ancestors alive. We hope those that scarified so much hundreds of years ago would be proud of our service today.
Some of the chapter's activities are listed below.
- Providing items of comfort to wounded service men and women at the Landstuhl Military Hospital in Landstuhl, Germany
- Donating items to the VA Hospital
- Donating to the Fisher House at the VA Hospital
- Donating to and participating in "Wreaths Across America"
- Donating to the various interests of the National Society and PA State Daughters of the American Revolution
- Displaying the names of patriots at Citizens library
- Supporting DAR Schools and the disadvantaged children they serve
- Acting as guardian for the Madonna of the Trail monument (pictured above), donating for care and maintenance, and establishing an Adopt-a-Highway program on the roadsides around the Madonna site
- Donations supporting the Washington County Historical Society, Citizens Library, and the Genealogical Society of Southwestern Pennsylvania
- Donating the NSDAR magazine, "American Spirit," to local public libraries
- Volunteers tend the Memorial dedicated to all Revolutionary War Soldiers at the Washington Cemetery, and more.
We are an active chapter. But it's not all work. A portion of each meeting and at least one meeting a year is purely social. Members are encouraged to make suggestions and offer ideas for projects. We feel each member is important regardless of her ability to participate in chapter activities. A newsletter is issued several times a year to keep our membership informed of chapter activities and events.
Learn more about what DAR members do. View the video, "Today's DAR."
Does this sound like something you would be interested in? If so, please contact us.
See more at the official YouTube channel of the DAR.