from the collection of The Wyoming Co. Historical Society
Built in 1833 by the Presbyterians of Tunkhannock, this church was acquired by the Baptists as a house of worship in 1867. In 1884, it was purchased by the Catholic Congregation and was dedicated on 7 Sept. 1884. In 1954, the old church was moved to the back of the church lot and work was begun on the new church which was dedicated in May 1955. The old building served as a parish hall and community center until the present Nativity Parish Hall was built.