Żyrzyn (Zyrzyn) Gmina Page

GENERAL: Below is a list of every city, town and village in this gmina, with information about each place, where known, and any links to other sites if available. This page is for all places in the PLACE-FINDER index with the code N2. Information not specific to this gmina may be found through the homepage.
MAPS: All places are marked on the map at the bottom of the page.
NAMES: As some browsers still can't handle Polish characters, any names with these extra characters are repeated using the nearest equivalent English characters in round brackets '( )'. Names in square brackets '[ ]' are older names for that location.
POST/ZIP CODES: Near the bottom of the page is a table of zip codes for some of the towns and villages in this gmina.
OLD WOJ.: All places in this gmina are in the old woj. of LUBELSKIE



Map of Gminy in PULAWY Powiat

Return to: Place Finder (PL) || Pulawy Powiat Page || Place Finder (UK)

4N2. Żyrzyn

The Gmina of Żyrzyn (Zyrzyn)
The gmina has a population of 6800 and covers an area of  130 sq.km. The gmina is split into 2 halves by highway 17, and is all part of the Lubartow Upland.
GMINA OFFICE: Urzad Gmina, ul. Powstania Styczniowego 10, 24-103 Zyzyn, woj. Lubelskie. Tel: (+48 81) 881 42 69
GMINA E-MAIL:
GMINA WEBSITE:
RIVERS: Wieprz

Bałtów (Baltow)
A village at the western end of a country road. The land is slightly undulating, open and arable with a few streams running across the arable lands. To the northwest and southwest are parts of the Pulawy Forest, whilst to the northeast is a large wood.
CHAPEL: no data
Borysów (Borysow)
A ribbon development village on a straight, east-west country road. The land north and south of the village is slightly undulating, open arable land with a few streams flowing across it. To the west is part of the Pulawy Forest, and to the east is a large wood.
Cezaryn
A scattering of farmsteads on undulating arable land, between a forest to the west and highway 17 to the east. The land slopes down to the north, towards the Wieprz river plain.
Jawarów (Jawarow)
A very small village at the western end of a short country road, just as it bends south and becomes a track. The village is in a wide corridor between a forest to the west and a wood to the east. As the corridor has straight, parallel sides, it was probably all once part of the forest.
Kol. Kośmin (Kol. Kosmin)
A scattering of farmsteads on the northern edge of a forest. The land is flat, open and arable to the north, with a few streams crossing it.
Kol. Wilczanka
A small scattering of farmsteads at the southern end of an area of slightly undulating, open arable land. The southern border of the settlement area is formed by the edge of a wood. The western border is formed by highway 17.
Kol. Żyrzyn (Kol. Zyrzyn)
A string of farmsteads along a track at the southeastern end of the main part of the village of Zerdz. The land is undulating, open and arable, although there is a patch of wetland in the southern part of the settlement area.
Kośmin (Kosmin)
A village on the southern bank of the Wieprz river. The river has quite steep sides at this point and the valley is not as wide as it is further to the east. The river still meanders. The land around the village is flat and arable. Across the river it is meadows. There is a manor house from 1907-11.
Kotliny
A village on a country road in land cleared in the eastern side of a forest (Kozi Bor). The land is slightly undulating, open and arable, although the fields are bounded by the forest to the north, west and south. A stream flows past, some 200m to the south.
Majątek (Majatek)
A few buildings on the west side of minor highway 823, between the highway and a small arm of a forest. There are a couple of ponds on the northeastern side of the settlement.
Osiny
A large village on a country road between highway 17 and minor highway 823. A stream flows though the village, and forms 2 ponds on the other side of the 823. The land is slightly undulating, open and arable. There are the remains of a manor house from the 18th century.
CHURCH: Parafia rzymskokatolicka Matki Bożej Królowej Polski, Osiny, gm. Żyrzyn, pow. Puławy, woj. Lubelskie
Parafianka
A scattering of farmsteads and a few houses in an area of relatively flat land, between a forest in the west and highway 17 in the east. To the north the land begins to drop down towards the Wieprz river valley. This is part of the same area of Cezaryn, and it is possible that the settlement is actually known as 'Cezaryn Parafianka' (Cezaryn Parish), but this is not clear from the map.
CHURCH: Parafia rzymskokatolicka św. Adrzeja Boboli, Parafianka, pow. Puławy, woj. Lubelskie
Przecinka
A small scattering of farmsteads across an area of relatively flat, open arable land, on the northern edge of a piece of a forest. Several streams cross the settlement area.
Sachalin
A couple of buildings and farmsteads in a small clearing in the middle of a forest. Access to this place is by one of several tracks through the forest.
Skrudki
A village on a country road, on the lower slopes of the southern side of the Wieprz river valley. To the north the land is flat and a mixture of wetland and meadows. To the south the land is undulating, open arable land. The village is on a small promontory as there is a low valley just to the south, along which flows a stream. Just to the west is highway 17. At the eastern end of the village is a square pond.
Stefanka
A small scattering of farmsteads on part of the flat river plain on the south side of the river Wieprz. The land is a mixture of wet and dry meadows, and there are a couple of long, narrow and curving lakes on the north side of the settlement. Access to the settlement is by a basic track winding through the meadows.
Stodoły (Stodoly)
A district of the village of Zyrzyn, consisting of a few buildings on the northeastern side of the village. The land is relatively flat, open and arable.
Strzyżowice (Strzyzowice)
A village on a single lane, on the south bank of the river Wieprz The river meanders quite heavily at this point. The village is surrounded by a mixture of arable land and meadows. Just to the west is highway 17 and the highway bridge over the river.
Tokciny
A small scattering of farmsteads on slightly undulating, open arable land on the south side of a country road. On the north side of the road is a large wood.
Wilczanka
A series of houses and farmsteads on a country lane on the slightly higher ground to the south of the Wieprz river plain. The land to the north is flat and a mixture of wetland and meadows. To the south the land slowly rises and is a mixture of arable fields and woods. At the western end of the village is a square pond.
Wola Osińska (Wola Osinska)
A ribbon development village on a lane in slightly undulating open arable land, between highway 17 in the west, and a forest (Kozi Bor) in the east. A stream flows past, and parallel with, on the south side of the village. The village itself lies in the low, shallow valley of this stream.
Zagrody
A village on a lane on the south side, and parallel with, a country road. A small river flows west on the south side of the village. The land is very slightly undulating, open and arable. On the northeastern side of the village is the edge of a forest (Kozi Bor)
Żerdź (Zerdz)
A village on a lane in a large area of cleared land. The land is relatively flat and arable. The fields around the village are still bounded in the west, north and east by the remains of part of a forest.
Żyrzyn (Zyrzyn)
A large village with several districts. The land is slightly undulating, open and arable, and there is a large wood at the western end of the village. The village is just off highway 17. A small river flows west along the southern side of the village, and then heads north at the western end. There are 2 long lakes at the western end, the longest in the wood. The church, chapel and cemetery are at the eastern end of the village. The first mention appears in Jan Dlugosz's Chronicles (Jan is one of Polands most famous chroniclers), when it was the property of Stanislaw Jarzyna. Stanislaw is mentioned in the Lublin administrative registery as 'Stanislaw from Zyrzyn' in 1486 and 1503. In the 19th century and the first half of the 20th, Zyrzyn was owned by the Wessel family, who have a family burial chapel at the nearby church from 1851. There is a brick built belfry near the church, from 1869. There is a Baroque and Neo-Classical manor house from 1850, plus a distillery and warehouse.
CHURCH: Parafia rzymskokatolicka św. Apostołow Piotra i Pawła, 1000 –lecia 140, Żyrzyn, pow. Puławy, woj. Lubelskie. Built between 1804-49.
CHAPEL: no data
CEMETERY: no data
Żyrzyn Główny (Zyrzyn Glowny)
A district of the village of Zyrzyn, consisting of a few scattered farmsteads and houses just to the northeast of the village. The land is slightly undulating, open and arable.
Żyrzyn Mały (Zyrzyn Maly)
A district of the village of Zyrzyn, consisting of a small group of houses (almost a hamlet in itself) on the south side of the river and to the southeast of the main part of the village. The land is slightly undulating, open and arable.
Żyrzyn Wał (Zyrzyn Wal)
A district of the village of Zyrzyn, consisting of a few farmsteads at the northwestern end of the village.
 
 

Postal/Zip Codes for Zyzrzyn Gmina
Borysów ( Borysow ) 
Kośmin ( Kosmin ) 
Osiny 
Parafianka 
Skrudki 
Strzyżowice ( Strzyzowice ) 
Wola Osińska ( Wola Osinska ) 
Zagrody 
Żyrzyn ( Zyrzyn ) 
Żyrzyn Główny ( Zyrzyn Glowny ) 
Żyrzyn Mały ( Zyrzyn Maly ) 
Żyrzyn Wał ( Zyrzyn Wal )
24-103 
24-104 
24-103 
24-104 
24-104 
24-104 
24-103 
24-103 
24-103 
24-103 
24-103 
24-103

Map of the Gmina of Zyrzyn



LUBELSKIE GENEALOGY WEB

LubGenWeb
Navigation Bar : No-Frames Version.
For easier navigation, click on the blue diamond below.
frames Home site map
PolandGenWeb