Baranów (Baranow) Gmina Page

GENERAL: Below is a list of every city, town and village in this gmina, with information about each place, where known, and any links to other sites if available. This page is for all places in the PLACE-FINDER index with the code N3. Information not specific to this gmina may be found through the homepage.
MAPS: All places are marked on the map at the bottom of the page.
NAMES: As some browsers still can't handle Polish characters, any names with these extra characters are repeated using the nearest equivalent English characters in round brackets '( )'. Names in square brackets '[ ]' are older names for that location.
POST/ZIP CODES: Near the bottom of the page is a table of zip codes for some of the towns and villages in this gmina.
OLD WOJ.: All places in this gmina are in the old woj. of LUBELSKIE



Map of Gminy in PULAWY Powiat

Return to: Place Finder (PL) || Pulawy Powiat Page || Place Finder (UK)

4N3. Baranów

The Gmina of Baranów (Baranow)
The gmina has a population of 4600 and covers an area of  XX sq.km. The name means male sheep, which is the reason for the ram on the gmina shield. The shape of the northern border is determined by the meanders of the river Wieprz. The river valley, with its meanders, ponds and old river courses is very picturesque. The gmina is relatively flat, surrounded by the low rounsded hills of the Lubartow Plain. There are about 1200 farms, each with an average of 6 hectares.
GMINA OFFICE: Urzad Gmina, Rynek 14, 24-104 Baranow, woj. Lubelskie. Tel: (+48 81) 883 40 27
GMINA E-MAIL:
GMINA WEBSITE:
RIVERS: Wieprz, Bylina

Baranów (Baranow)
A large village at the junction of several country roads on the slopes on the south side of the Wieprz river valley. There are several ponds on the flat meadowland on the north side of the village, and a lake to the northwest. In the other directions, the land is slightly undulating and partly wooded. Baranow received location rights in 1544 from the Kazimierz Dolny governor, Piotr Firlej, loosing them in 1879. It still maintains a town grid of streets and a longitudinal market place, but the current population is about 1700 people.
CHURCH: Parafia rzymskokatolicka św. Jana Chrzciciela, Rynek 5, Baranów, pow. Puławy, woj. Lubelskie. Located at the edge of the market square, a fairly solid piece of Baroque church architecture from 1764.
Bylina
Not certain, but may be an old manor house, standing alone on the southern edge of the Wieprz river valley. It is surrounded by woods and there is a small lake. The woods are mixed.
Czołna (Czolna)
A village at the junction of some country roads. The land is undulating, open and arable, with some wood to the north and west, about 800m away. 1km to the northwest is a hamlet of the same name.
Czołna (Czolna) (2nd in gmina)
A hamlet in undulating arable fields, surrounded by woodland. There is a village of the same name 1km to the southeast.
Czołnowska (Czolnowska)
A scattering of farmsteads in an area of relatively flat, open arable land, the land beginning to fall at the northern end of the settlement area. At the eastern end of the settlement area is a small wood.
Dębczyna (Debczyna)
A hamlet on a country road, with some outlying farmsteads on the eastern side. The land is undulating and wooded. There are some areas of wetland in the woods on the northern side.
Górki (Gorki)
A couple of farmsteads on the eastern side of a hill. The land is mainly wooded, with some arable fields. A stream flows north on the western side, and to the north is a small wetland wood.
Gródek (Grodek)
A village mainly on a country lane, with houses on either side of a wooded stream. This village is at the southwestern end of Lukawica.
Huta
A village on a north-south lane in an area of slightly undulating arable land. At the northern end of the village is a large clump of trees, and 500m to the south is a wood.
Kaliskie
A few farmsteads in an area of arable land on the northeast side of a country lane. The settlement area is bounded in the north and east by a wood.
Karczunek
A hamlet on the western side of a stream in an area of undulating land. The land is a mixture of arable fields and woods.
Klin
A hamlet with a few outlying farmsteads in an area of relatively flat land. The land is arable fields, with a small wood just to the north and a larger one just to the south.
Kol. Czołna (Kol. Czolna)
A scattering of farmsteads over an area of slightly undulating, open arable land.
Kol. Filipówka (Kol. Filipowka)
A scattering of farmsteads over slightly undulating arable land. There is north flowing stream on the western side of the settlement area, and beyond that a wood. There is a small wood in the northern part and a large one to the east.
Kol. Łukawka (Kol. Lukawka)
A scattering of farmsteads over an area of slightly undulating, open arable land. There is a wood to the northeast.
Kozioł (Koziol)
A village in a ribbon development on a north-south lane. The land is slightly undulating, open and arable. There is a small wood to the west.
Łukawica (Lukawica)
A village in a ribbon development along a lane, the southern half is mainly houses, and the northern part farmsteads. A stream parallels the lane on its western side, and beyond that is woodland. On the eastern side the land is undulating arable fields.
Łukawka (Lukawka)
A small village on a country road, with many outlying farmsteads over the undulating, open arable land to the west.
Łysa Góra (Lysa Gora)
A scattering of farmsteads along the southern edge of a large area of slightly undulating, open arable land. The southern boundary of the settlement area is defined by the course of a stream, beyond the stream there is a forest. There is a smaller group of farmsteads 2km to the northwest with the same name, but is really part of the same settlement.
Marianka
A scattering of farmsteads at the northern end of a large area of slightly undulating, open arable land. The northern side of the settlement area is bounded by a stream and then a wood
Motoga
A hamlet on a country road at the southern edge of the Wieprz river plain. There is a pond at the western end of the hamlet, and the hamlet is surrounded by woods on most sides.
Mucha
A scattering of a few farmsteads on either side of a country road, on the northern edge of a large area of slightly undulating, open arable land, just as it becomes wooded.
Niwa
A small village on a country lane in a small, shallow sided valley. The land to the north and south is relatively flat, open arable land. To the east and west are woods.
Nowomichoska
A line of farmsteads in the middle of a relatively flat area of open arable land. At the eastern end of the settlement area is a wood.
Pogonów (Pogonow)
A village on a country road at the southern edge of the Wieprz river plain. To the north the land is meadows with a thin, curving lake. To the south the land rises, and is wooded.
Poręba (Poreba)
A hamlet on a country road at the southern edge of the Wieprz river plain. To the north the land is meadows with several streams running across it. To the south the land rises. On the eastern side, there is a wood.
Składów (Skladow)
A small village at the end of a country lane, in an area of flat meadowlands, just south of the Wieprz river. There are several small, long lakes around the village, either parts of old courses of the river or channels caused by times of flood. To the south is an area of wetland. The country lane is raised up above the general lie of the land.
Stara Wieś (Stara Wies)
A hamlet on the south side of the river Wieprz, in a flat open area of meadows. Around the hamlet are long, thin lakes, either old courses of the river, or channels caused by flooding.
Śniadówka (Sniadowka)
A village on a lane in the middle of a large area of slightly undulating, open arable land. 1km to the southwest is the start of a forest. There are many outlying farmsteads, scattered over an area of several kilometres that are part of the same settlement.
Wola
A small village on a lane, with a scattering of farmsteads across the arable land to the south. The land is relatively flat, and on the northern side there is a wood.
Zabór (Zabor)
A hamlet on a track on the eastern side of a hill. The land is slightly undulating, and a mixture of arable fields and woodland. A stream flows north on the eastern side.
Zagóżdź (Zagozdz)
A small village at the junction of a country road with another. It is located at the bottom of the slopes of the southern side of the Wieprz river valley. To the north there are meadows with streams flowing across it, and to the south there is a mixture of fields and woods. There is a pond on the eastern side.
Zagrody
The eastern district of the village of Baranow. It is based on the lower sides of the southern side of the Wieprz river valley.
CHAPEL: no data
 
 

Postal/Zip Codes for Baranow Gmina
Baranów ( Baranow ) 
Czołna ( Czolna ) 
Czołna (2nd in gmina) ( Czolna (2nd in gmina) ) 
Gródek ( Grodek ) 
Motoga 
24-105 
24-105 
24-105 
24-106 
24-105

Map of the Gmina of Baranow



LUBELSKIE GENEALOGY WEB

LubGenWeb
Navigation Bar : No-Frames Version.
For easier navigation, click on the blue diamond below.
frames Home site map
PolandGenWeb