(Deblin) Gmina Page
: Below is a list of every city, town and village in this
gmina, with information about each place, where known, and any links to
other sites if available. This page is for all places in the PLACE-FINDER
index with the code P5
. Information not specific to this gmina may
be found through the homepage.
: All places are marked on the map at the bottom of the
: As some browsers still can't handle Polish characters,
any names with these extra characters are repeated using the nearest equivalent
English characters in round brackets '( )'. Names in square brackets '[
]' are older names for that location.
: Near the bottom of the page is a table of zip
codes for some of the towns and villages in this gmina.
: All places in this gmina are in the old woj. of LUBELSKIE
Map of Gminy in RYKI Powiat
Return to: Place Finder (PL)
|| Ryki Powiat Page || Place
4P5. Dęblin (Deblin)
The Gmina of Dęblin (Deblin)
The gmina has a population of 19500 and covers an area of 34 sq.km.
This gmina, unlike most in the region, is mainly a town. It lies at the
place where the Wieprz joins the Wisla.
: Urzad Gmina, Rynek 12, 08-530 Deblin, woj. Lubelskie.
Tel: (+48 81) 883 05 51
: Wisla, Wieprz
The first mention comes from 1397, when Piotr de Demblin sold it to
Grot from Jankowice. From 1593 to the beginning of the 19th century the
town was in the hands of the Mniszech family. That family built a Rococo
palace here. The town was owned for a short period by Prince Jablonowski,
and then in 1840 it became the property of a Russian Fieldmarshal, Ivan
Paskiewicz. This was a change in the fortunes of the town as the Russians
began to build a fortress here, called Iwangorod. In the 1870's the railway
arrived and Deblin became an important junction. The town has still some
remains of the fortifications (although they were used as a camp for Soviet
soldiers during WW2, 80 000 of them dying here), a classical palace of
the Mniszech family dating from the first half of the 18th century. There
is a Greek-Catholic church, and a Roman Catholic parish church from the
first half of the 18th century. Since 1927 there has been a flying school,
and the Polish Air Force Academy is based here.
CHURCH: Parafia rzymskokatolicka św. Piusa V, Dęblin, pow. Ryki,
Masów Kol. (Masow Kol.)
Postal/Zip Codes for Deblin Gmina
|Dęblin ( Deblin )
Michalinów ( Michalinow )
Map of the Gmina of Deblin
Navigation Bar : No-Frames Version.
For easier navigation, click on the blue diamond below.