A listing of the cemeteries within the Municipality of Ste-Martine that was originally within Châteauguay County and is now in the MRC de Beauharnois-Salaberry.
Note: All map images on this site have been created using
Microsoft Streets & Trips 2001 Copyright© 2000 Microsoft Corp.
They have been cropped and reduced in size where necessary to conserve space.
The present Ste-Martine Parish Cemetery is located on Rte 138, 1.3km (0.8mi) SW of the Village of Ste-Martine, near the corner of the Chemin de Rivière de Feves Nord. (45.234N/73.811W) This cemetery as well as the old parish cemetery beside the church has been catalogued in a hardcopy publication1.
The "old" Ste-Martine Parish Cemetery dates from the mid 1800s and is still active. It is located at the side of the parish church and behind the presbytery on Rue St-Joseph (Rte 138) in the Village of Ste-Martine (45.246N/73.806W). In addition to the burials in this cemetery, there were a number of burials in the basement of the church itself during the period 1838-1905. These have been documented in a local history publication2. Local sources have indicated that there may have been an earlier burying ground on the north side of the present church dating from the earliest days of the Mission de Ste-Martine in the 1820s. There is no sign of it today as the area is paved for a street but any information on its existance would be welcomed.
This cemetery as well as the new parish cemetery nearby has been catalogued in a hardcopy publication1.
Copyright © 2002-7 Burton Lang. Revised:2007/01/29
HTML markup by Burton Lang.