South West Quebec

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

return

- R -
Place Names



Raft Channel
The north side of the Coteau Rapids, presumably where the lumber rafts were run in the early days. (45.286N/74.170W)
Rang
French for range or concession. Also for a road that runs beside or through a concession.
Range
Usually means the same as "concession", although in some cases the Ranges and Concessions are at right angles to each other in an area.
Range 1 (North Georgetown)
The easternmost range in North Georgetown. It runs NW between the Châteauguay River Concession and the St-Louis River concession. Now called Range Dix (Rang 10) (St-Louis-de-Gonzague). (45.22N/73.87W)
Range 2 (North Georgetown)
The Second Range (North Georgetown) runs NW between the Châteauguay River Concession and the St-Louis River concession. Now called Range Vingt (Rang 20) (St-Louis-de-Gonzague). (45.21N/73.90W
Range 2 (South Georgetown)
The range on the north side of Tullochgorum Road (Très-St-Sacrement). (45.16N/73.89W)
Range 3 (North Georgetown)
The Third Range (North Georgetown) runs NW between the Châteauguay River Concession and the St-Louis River concession. Now called Rang Trente (Rang 30) (St-Louis-de-Gonzague). (45.20N/73.92W
Range 3 (South Georgetown)
The range of farms on the south side of Tullochgorum Road (Très-St-Sacrement). (45.16N/73.88W)
Rang 3 (Très-St-Sacrement)
Present name of Tullochgorum Road in Très-St-Sacrement. Old name was Lower Tullochgorum. (45.167N/73.875W)
Range 4 (North Georgetown)
The Fourth Range (North Georgetown) runs NW between the Châteauguay River Concession and the St-Louis River concession. Now called Rang Quarante (Rang 40) (St-Louis-de-Gonzague). (45.20N/73.95W
Range 4 (South Georgetown)
The range of farms on the north side of Fertile Creek Road (Très-St-Sacrement). (45.14N/73.88W)
Rang 4 (Très-St-Sacrement)
The official name of Fertile Creek Road from 1980 until 2000 when it was returned to its original Fertile Creek name.
Rang 4 (Ormstown)
The road running between the Fourth and Fifth Ranges (Jamestown) and an extension of Fertile Creek Road in what is now Ormstown Municipality. (45.110N/73.924W)
Range 5 (South Georgetown)
The range of farms on the south side of Fertile Creek Road. (45.14N/73.87W)
Rang 5 (Très-St-Sacrement)
The present name of Australia Concession Road which is actually Range 6 and 7 (South Georgetown). (45.137N/73.836W)
Rang 10 (St-Louis-de-Gonzague)
See: Range 1 (North Georgetown).
Rang 20 (St-Louis-de-Gonzague)
See: Range 2 (North Georgetown).
Rang 30 (St-Louis-de-Gonzague)
See: Range 3 (North Georgetown).
Rang 40 (St-Louis-de-Gonzague)
See: Range 4 (North Georgetown).
Rang de Guenille
An old name for Montée Poupart (Hemmingford) and/or Chemin St-Joseph (St-Chrysostome).
Rang Double (St-Urbain)
The section of Rte 205 that runs through St-Urbain-Premier. (45.210N/73.724W) Previously named Williams Road (Chemin Williams) and possibly Hope Sideroad.
Rang du Ruban
A road on the border of Ste-Barbe and Godmanchester, running west from Rte 202 into the Teafield area. (45.145N/74.182W)
Rang Leahy
The area along the Chemin Leahy in St-Anicet, between the Quesnel and Cazaville Sideroads. (45.08N/74.32W)
Rang McKenzie (St-Chrysostome)
An older name for Rang St-Louis.
Rang St-Pierre Est (Sherrington)
A road on the boundary between Hemmingford Township and Sherrington Parish. It is an extension or another name for the Hardee Farm Road.
Rankin Cemetery
A private family cemetery of Donald Rankin and sons, located on the south side of Rte 132, 1.1mi (1.8km) west of Cazaville. (45.076N/74.388W)
Rankin Point
A point on the south shore of Lake St-Francis, 2.3mi (3.6km) WNW of Cazaville. (45.098N/74.414W)
Rapides Coteau (Coteau-du-Lac)
The rapids between Grande-Île and Coteau Landing/Coteau-du-Lac.
Rapide Coteau (Ormstown)
The middle of three rapids in the Châteauguay River at the present day Ormstown Village. Rapide Coteau was near the location of the present Ormstown Bridge on Bridge St. (45.124N/73.993W) It disappeared when the dam was installed.
Rapide Croche
The lower of the three rapids at Ormstown, below the dam where the river takes a crook (croche in french).
Rapide de Bouleaux
An old name for the Cedar Rapids between Les Cèdres and St-Timothée.
Rapides Pêche-aux-Saumons
The lower rapids at Ste-Martine, below (north of) the dam. (45.254N/73.800W)
Rapides de la Pointe-du-Buisson
Another name for the Cascades Rapids between Pointe-Buisson and Pointe-des-Cascades.
Rapides du Sault-St-Louis
Another old name for the Lachine Rapids named after the Mission of Sault St-Louis (Kahnawake).
Rapide Savage
The upper rapids of the three rapids at Ormstown. It was located close to the mouth of the Outarde River. (45.123N/74.000W)
Rebel's Corner (St-Valentin)
An old hamlet that was located at the corner of Rte 221 and the 4th Grand Ligne Road, west of St-Valentin. (45.133N/73.363W)
Red Rapid's
A variation or corruption of Reed's Rapids above Ste-Martine.
Reed's Rapids
See: Campbell's Rapids
Reform Street (Howick)
An old name for Lambton Street in Howick Village.
Rennie's Cemetery
Another name for Hillside Cemetery which was located on land once owned by a Rennie. Also referred to as Rennie's Graveyard and Blacks Cemetery.
Richelain Military Post Office
The Richelain MPO operated from 1953 until 1967 when it was transferred to National Defense Headquarters. It was located at the RCAF base at St-Jean for the use of servicemen stationed there.
Richelieu River
See: Rivière Richelieu.
Ridge, The
The slightly elevated area along the Ridge Road in Godmanchester Township that runs from the back of Huntingdon to Dundee, at some places at an angle to the concessions.
Ridge Road (Godmanchester)
A road that runs from the back of the town of Huntingdon to Dundee, in some places running diagonally across the concessions. (45.077N/74.228W)
Ridge Road (Hinchinbrooke)
A road in Hinchinbrooke that runs from Athelstan Village, ENE to Rte 202, 3.8mi (6.1km) SE of Huntingdon. (45.045N/74.138W)
Rigid Pine Ecological Reserve
See: Pin-Rigide, Réserve Écologique.
Riverfield
A hamlet located 2.8mi (4.6km) SE of Howick, at the junction of Rte 203 and Scotch Concession Road. (45.156N/73.812W) The original name was English River and it was also called Riverfield Corners.
Riverfield Cemetery
A cemetery located at Riverfield, at the junction of Rte 203 and Scotch Concession Road, 2.8mi (4.6km) SE of Howick. (45.155N/73.815W) Browse the on-line Web page.
Riverfield Post Office
The Riverfield Post Office operated from 1886 to 1969 at the general store.
River Front Concession (Jamestown)
The range of farms on the southeast side of the Châteauguay River from Brysonville to Ormstown Village. (45.13N/73.96W)
River Front Concession (North Georgetown)
The range of farms along the NW side of the Châteauguay River in North Georgetown. (45.19N/73.90W)
River Front Concession (South Georgetown)
The range of farms along the south east side of Châteauguay River in South Georgetown. It runs between Logan's point and Brysonville. (45.19N/73.89W)
River of the Iroquois
See: Rivière des Iroquois.
River St-Johns
An old name for the Richelieu River shown on an 1831 map.
River St-Louis Post Office
An old name for St-Stanislas-de-Kostka Post office. The River St-Louis Post Office located there, operated from 1856 until 1860 when it changed its name to St-Stanislas-de-Koska Post Office.
Rivière-à-la-Truite
See Trout River.
Rivière au Baudet
An older spelling for Rivière Beaudette, the river.
Rivière aux/des Anglais
See: English River.
Rivière aux Outardes (Outarde River)
See: Outarde River
Rivière aux Outardes Est
See: Outarde River, East.
Rivière Baudette
An older spelling for Rivière Beaudette, both river and village.
Rivière Beaudette
A tributary on the north side of the St-Lawrence River, with its mouth just east of the Ontario/Quebec border. (45.208N/74.316W)
Rivière Beaudette (Village)
A town located on Rte 325, on the east side of the Rivière Beaudette where the CNR rail line crosses the river. (45.228N/74.328W)
Rivière Bodet
An old spelling for Rivière Beaudette.
Rivière Chambly
An old name for the Richelieu River, mentioned in the descriptions of the seigniories.
Rivière de Bleurie
A river that drained the Cranberry Marsh, located halfway between Napierville and the Richelieu River. Its mouth is 1.7mi (2.8km) north of Île-aux-Noix Village at Pointe Bleurie. (45.159N/73.262W) It has now largely disappeared, replaced with drainage ditches.
Rivière des Fèves (Bean River)
See: Bean River.
Rivière-des-Fèves Post Office
Rivière-des-Fèves Post Office was located at corner of Chemin Rivière-des-Fèves-Nord and Montée Rivière-des-Fèves. It operated from 1889 until 1914.
Rivière de la Fourche
An old name for the English River. Named after the french name for the fork or junction of the English and Châteauguay Rivers, now called Logan's Point.
Rivière de l'Isle
The old name for the Rouge River that flows into the St-Lawrence at Coteau-du-Lac. Also spelt Rivière Delisle.
Rivière de Loup (Wolf River)
First name for the Châteauguay River. Named after one of the three Mohawk tribes at Kahnawake. The other tribal names were Bear (L'Ours)and Tortoise (La Tortue). Not to be confused with the Rivière de Loup in the Lower St-Lawrence.
Rivière de Montréal
See: Little Montreal River and L'Acadie River.
Rivière des Iroquois (River of the Iroquois)
An old (c1666) name for the Richelieu River.
Rivière du Portage (Seigneurie du Sault-St-Louis)
This one is a little confusing. A map of the various village locations of the Mohawk Indians shows the Riv du Portage as a tributary of the St-Régis River on the west side of the river. Another possibility is that the map was simply indicating a portage around some rapids on the St-Regis River and the Rivière du Portage did not actually exist.
Rivière Lacolle
A river in the southern part of St-Jean County. Its source is on the east side of Hemmingford Township between Hallerton and Rte 202. It flows east to its mouth on the north side of the Richelieu Bridge at Notre-Dame-de-Mont-Carmel (Cantic). (45.067N/73.331W) The old spelling (c1762) was Rivière-à-la-Colle.
Rivière La Tortue
A tributary of the St-Lawrence with its source in the area on the northeast side of Sherrington. It flows generally north through St-Édouard-de-Napierville, St-Mathieu-de-Laprairie, and Delson to its mouth at the old hamlet of Baurette on the west side of Candiac. (45.402N/73.536W)
Rivière le Trou
The old name (c1760) for a river or creek on the west side of Pointe Cascades. The modern name is uncertain. The only water course on modern maps is Ruisseau Chamberry that exits north of Pointe Cascades. It may be that this creek was rerouted when the old Soulange canals were built.
Rivière Montréal
See: Little Montreal River and L'Acadie River.
Rivière Noire (St-Chrysostome)
See: Black River (St-Chrysostome).
Rivière Noire (St-Isidore)
A small tributary of the Rivière Sturgeon which in turn is a tributary of the Châteauguay River on the north side of Ste-Martine. It is located in the general area 2.5mi (4km) south of St-Isidore. Although it is named a 'river' on the topo map, it is no more than the average creek. Not to be confused with the Black River on the west side of St-Chrysostome.
Rivière Nord
A hamlet that was located on the west side of the St-Louis River, 3.2mi (5.2km) SSW of the town of Beauharnois. (45.268N/73.897W)
Rivière Petite Montréal
See: Little Montreal River and L'Acadie River.
Rivière Richelieu
A major tributary of the St-Lawrence River, running from Lake Champlain on northern New York/Vermont border, north to its mouth at Sorel, 40 mi (64km) NE of Montréal. It was named for Armand Jean Duplessis, Duc de Richelieu (1585-1642), principal minister of Louis XIII. It has had many names in the past including Rivière Chambly, Rivière Sorel, Rivière des Iroquois and River St-Johns.
Rivière St-Cloud
An old name for the Ruisseau St-Claude which is a tributary of the Rivière St-Jacques on the east side of St-Phillip-de-Laprairie. On an old map, the roles have been reversed with Ruisseau St-Jacques being the tributary of the Rivière St-Cloud.
Rivière St-Jacques
A tributary of the St-Lawrence River with its mouth between Laprairie and Brossard (45.431N/73.492W) and its source between St-Philippe-de-Laprairie and St-Jacques le Mineur. One old map shows its name as Rivière St-Lambert. Another old map makes it a tributary of the Rivière St-Cloud and calls it Ruisseau St-Jacques.
Rivière St-Jean (Châteauguay)
A river or creek on the west side of the town of Châteauguay, with its source in a swampy area close to the Châteauguay River (45.369N/73.759W) and its mouth on Lake St-Louis (45.372N/73.776W) Named as a river on a 1763 map with a possible direct connection to the Châteauguay River. But named as Ruisseau St-Jean (St-Jean Creek) on a modern topo map with a pumping station at the lake. It is possible that it was at one time another outlet to the Châteauguay River at least during flood seasons. See also: Ruisseau St-Jean.
Rivière St-Lambert
An old name for the Rivière St-Jacques shown on an 1831 map and on one modern topo map.
Rivière St-Louis
A tributary of the St-Lawrence River with its source on the north side of St-Stanislas-de-Koska and its mouth at the Town of Beauharnois. (45.316N/73.880W) It follows along the south side of the Beauharnois Power Canal.
Rivière St-Pierre
A tributary of the St-Lawrence River, east of the Kahnawake Indian Reserve with its mouth at St-Catherine (45.406N/73.571W) and its source south near St-Rémi.
Rivière St-Régis
A tributary of the Rivière St-Pierre with its source near St-Isidore and its mouth on the east side of St-Catherine, 1.3mi (2.1km) SE of the Rivière St-Pierre mouth. (45.391N/73.559W) Not to be confused with the St-R‚gis River at the Akwesasne Indian Reserve in Dundee.
Rivière Sorel
An old name for the Richelieu River. Also spelt Sorell.
Rivière Esturgeon (Sturgeon River)
A tributary of the Châteauguay River with its mouth on the north side of Ste-Martine, close to the junction of Rte 138 and Beauce Road (Rte 205). (45.260N/73.796W) Its source is eastward in the area between St-Isidore and St-Urbain-Premier.
Rivière-Suzanne
A river within the eastern sector of the Kahnawake Indian Reserve. It is a tributary of the St-Lawrence River with its mouth 3.1mi (4.9km) east of Kahnawake Village and its source in the southeast corner of the reserve.
Rivière Turgeon (St-Isidore)
This reference on a topo map is a mis-spelt version of Rivière Esturgeon.
Robb Sideroad (Godmanchester)
A now abandoned road, west of Huntingdon, that ran between Rte 138 and the Ridge Road. It was located 1.4mi (2.3km) SW of Huntingdon. (45.075N/74.198W)
Robson Creek/Brook (Hemmingford)
A tributary of the English River with its source in the US. It crosses the border, 3.6mi (5.8km) west of Hemmingford Customs. (45.003N/73.676W) Its mouth at the English River is located a short distance NE of the Frontier Corners on the Covey Hill Road. (45.024N/73.680W) Named after Wm. Robson, an early settler.
Robson Street
A popular name for the eastern end of Covey Hill Road, from the Hemmingford Township line to Cleland's Corners at Rte 209. (45.020N/73.648W) Named after Wm. Robson, an early settler and his family.
Robson Settlement
The settlement along both sides of the stretch of Covey Hill Road known as Robson Street. (45.02N/73.66W) Named after Wm. Robson.
Rocher, Le
See: Blueberry Rock.
Rock Sideroad (Montée du Rocher)
The road running SE across the Blueberry Rock area along the Ormstown/Très-St-Sacrement boundary line. It ran from Village St-Pierre to the Savery Range in Franklin Township. (45.116N/73.889W) It is a southeastward extension of Montée Bryson (Brysonville Sideroad or Cairnside Sideroad). Also sometimes called Montée Cairns (Cairns Sideroad).
Rock, The
See: Blueberry Rock.
Rockburn
A hamlet at the junction of Rte 202 and the Rockburn Sideroad, 4.1mi (6.6km) west of Franklin Centre. (45.023N/74.005W)
Rockburn Post Office
The Rockburn Post Office operated from 1864 until 1915.
Rockburn Sideroad
A road running from the first concession (Hinchinbrooke) through the village of Rockburn and then north to Dewittville. (45.046N/74.016W)
Rocqueville
The first name for the Village of St-Louis-de-Gonzague. It was named after Charles Larocque, the first storekeeper in the village.
Roméo, Montagne-à
A small hill in the southern part of the Parish of St-Bernard-de-Lacolle, 0.7mi (1.1km) east of Rte 217 and 1mi (1.6km) north of Chemin Guay. (45.036N/73.423W) It is located just north of the old hamlet of Elvidge's Corner.
Ross Island
An island in the western end of Lake St-Francis, on the Ontario side of the provincial boundary line. It is located 3mi (4.9km) NNW of Fraser Point. (45.089N/74.479W) It is now part of the Akwesasne Indian Reserve.
Ross Point
A point on the south shore of Lake St-Louis, 0.5mi (0.8km) WNW of Woodlands and west of Châteauguay. (45.360N/73.794W) Now called Presqu'Île Asselin.
Rouges Rapids
See: Par-Rouge, Red Rapids, Reed's Rapids.
Round Island (St-Régis)
The name of an island in the St-Lawrence River, in or next to the Akwesasne Indian Reserve (St-Régis). It was located 0.5mi (0.8km) north of the mouth of the Salmon River. (45.045N/74.526W)
Round Island (Valleyfield)
The old name for Île-Longueuil in the St-Lawrence River between Grande-Île and Coteau Landing.
Round Island (Cascades)
An island in the St-Lawrence River, off Pointe-des-Cascades, in the middle of the Cascades Rapids. It is now called Île-Joubert. (45.330N/73.974W)
Round Point
The downstream point of a pair of points at a meander in the Châteauguay River near Brysonville, halfway between Howick and Ormstown. (45.151N/73.935W)
Rouses Point
The point on the northwest corner of Lake Champlain where Fort Montgomery is located.
Rouses Point (NY), Village of
A town in Clinton County, in the northeast corner of New York State, next to the north end of Lake Champlain. (44.993N/73.367W)
Rouses Point Station
A railway station on the Delaware and Hudson Railroad line, located in Rouses Point (NY) at the corner of Pratt St. (NYS RT276) and Delaware St. (44.995N/73.370W) It is now an AMTRAK station.
Route 3
The old name for Rte 132. East of the Mercier Bridge it followed the river shoreline.
Route 4
The old name for Rte 138.
Route 9
The old name for the road replaced by Autoroute 15 from St-Lambert to the US border and Autoroute 20 from St-Lambert towards Quebec City.
Route 9A
The old name for Rte 217.
Route 9B
The old name for Rte 104 from Laprairie to St-Jean and Rte 223 from St-Jean to Rouses Point (NY).
Route 9C
The old name for Rte 132 between the Mercier Bridge and Autoroute 15.
Route 14
The old name for Rte 201.
Route 36
The old name for Rte 205 from Beauharnois to St-Urbain, Rte 207 to Montée Ste-Therese (south of St-Isidore), Montée Ste-Therese to St-Rémi, Rte 221 to Napierville, and Rte 219 to St-Jean.
Route 47
the old name for Rte 223 north of St-Jean.
Route 52
The old name for Rte 202.
Route 138A
The local municipal designation for the road along the west side of the Chƒteauguay River between Ormstown and Dewittville. It used to be a section of Route 4 and later Route 138 before the new Route 138 highway was built a short distance to the west. The old name was Ormstown First Concession Front Road.
Roxham
A hamlet that was located on Roxham Road, 1.4mi (2.2km) south of the junction with Rte 202, 3.7mi (5.9km) ESE of Hemmingford. (45.026N/73.520W)
Roxham Cemetery
An old cemetery located on Roxham Road, midway between Rte 202 and the Glass Road. (45.032N/73.520W) It was also known as the Fewster Roxham Cemetery.
Roxham Corner's
The corner of the Glass Road and the Roxham Road. (45.022N/73.517W)
Roxham Post Office
The Roxham Post Office operated from 1869 until 1913.
Roxham Settlement
The settlement around Roxham Corners. (45.022N/73.521W)
Ruban Canal
My guess is that this was a drainage canal dug to drain the Teafield area of southeast corner of Ste-Barbe Municipality.?
Ruban Range (Rang du Ruban)
A road on the border of Ste-Barbe and Godmanchester, running west from Rte 202 into the Teafield area. (45.145N/74.182W)
Rue <xxxx>
French for Street. See: <xxxx> Street.
Ruisseau <xxxx>
French for Creek or Brook. See: <xxxx> Creek or <xxxx> Brook.
Ruisseau Desnoyers
A tributary of the Rivière L'Acadie, the Ruisseau Desnoyers is a creek running from the St-Jacques le Mineur area north to its mouth, 2.5mi (4km) NNW of L'Acadie Village. Also spelt Ruisseau Des Noyers.
Ruisseau Desnoyers Post Office
The Ruisseau Desnoyers Post Office operated from 1909 until 1913. It was located roughly 2mi (3.2km) north of St-Jacques-le-Mineur, along the Ruisseau Desnoyer creek. (45.304N/73.402W)
Ruisseau Faille (Faille Creek)
Ruisseau Faille is a tributary of the Rivière La Tortue with its mouth at St-Mathieu-de-Laprairie (45.314N/73.519W) and its source generally due south in the area north of St-Édouard-de-Napierville. (45.265N/73.54W) It may have been called the Faille River in the early 1800s.
Ruisseau St-André (Laprairie)
A tributary on the SW side of the Rivière St-Jacques with its mouth 1.2mi (1.9km) NNW of St-Philippe-de-Laprairie.
Ruisseau St-Phillip
An old name for the Rivière St-Jacques that passes through St-Philip-de-Laprairie. Note that the old spelling does not conform to modern french usage.
Russell('s) Island
An artificial island on the south side of the Châteauguay River at Huntingdon. (45.081N/74.175W) It was formed when Wm. Bowron dug a canal around his dam at the west end of the Long Rapids. It was named after John Russell. A previous owner, Dr. Francis Shirriff had called it Drem Isle. It is now the location of the Civic Swimming Pool built for the 1967 Canada Centenial.
Russeltown (Russels Town)
A region of the Seigniory of Beauharnois, consisting of the southwestern part of the seigniory. It was bounded by the English River on the northeast, South Georgetown and Jamestown on the northwest and Hemmingford Township of Huntingdon County on the southeast. (45.08N/73.79W) Named after Alexander Ellice's son Russell. Sometimes shown as two words. It could be spelt as either Russeltown or Russelltown. The modern accepted spelling is with one L.
Russeltown Flats
A hamlet located on Rte 203 at the corner of the Cowan Road/Rang St-Charles on the border of Havelock Township, 2.3mi (3.7km) south of St-Chrysostome. (45.068N/73.761W)
Russelltown Flats Post Office
This is probably the Russell Town Post Office as the National Archives have no record of a "Flats" Post Office.
Russeltown Forks
The point of land at the Village of St-Chrysostome between the English River and the Black River.
Russelltown Market Road
The part of the "Black Cattle Road" that ran through Russelltown and St-Chrysostome and on towards Ste-Clothilde. Now named Rue Notre-Dame and previously named the Flats Road and Walker Hill Road. The section between St-Chrysostome and Russelltown Flats is designated Rte 203.
Russelltown, Municipality of
A local administrative district created in 1845, consisting of the old catholic Paroisse de St-Jean-Chrysostome-de-Russelltown except for the part located in the Township of Hemmingford. It was part of the reform that replaced the first Municipal District of Beauharnois created in 1841 and it in turn was replaced in 1847 with another reform creating the Beauharnois District Council, Division Numbers One and Two. In 1855, there was further reform when the Counties were reborn. It was a confusing time.
Russelltown, Port of
The old name for the Customs at Franklin Centre. The office was located at the centre of Franklin Centre Village in the 1850s and probably before that date?.
Russell Town (Russelltown) Post Office
The Russell Town Post Office operated from before 1832 until 1913. It was located at Russelltown Flats.
Russelltown Protestant Cemetery
A protestant cemetery, located on Rte 203, on the hill just north of the corner with the Cowan Road. (45.070N/73.759W) Originally started in the 1820s, it was associated with the Methodist church beside it. In the 1850s, it became a Presbyterian congregation and it is now part of the Hemmingford United Church.
Russelltown Settlement
An old name for Franklin Centre.
Ruston Family Cemetery
A private family cemetery located on the Third Concession (Elgin), near Oak Creek, 0.3mi (0.5km) SW of the corner of the Third Concession Road and the Wattie Sideroad. (45.032N/74.234W)
Ryan Road (Hemmingford)
The old name for Rte 202, west of Hemmingford village.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

return

Or return to the

Placenames Home Page


Copyright ©2001-7 Burton Lang Revised:2007/02/05