Chalmers Presbyterian Church developed from a Sunday School which began in the Mile End district of Montreal in 1861. Originally called Mile End Church, it was located at 537 St. Lawrence Street. The new church was built on St. Lawrence and Prince Arthur. It was dedicated on June 15th, 1873 and adopted the name Chalmers. In 1910 it amalgamated with St. Gabriel Street Church to form First Presbyterian.
Return to Protestant Church list
Return to Presbyterian Church list