The Rhode Island Historical Cemeteries Transcription Project
The first two letters of cemetery number are the town, and the numbers are assigned sequentially as each cemetery is registered. Cemetery numbers above #300, or numbers like A03, are temporary numbers assigned to transcripts done in the past for cemeteries that have not yet been located, so they could be registered.
Key to Cemetery #s & Abbreviations
Cemetery Number Index & Locations
The location of the cemetery, number of burials, number of inscribed stones and in some cases historical notes and added information to aid researchers.
(Quick references below)
BA001 BARRINGTON to CYA64 COVENTRY EG001 EAST GREENWICH to HP0A9 HOPKINTON JM001 JAMESTOWN to PW500 PAWTUCKET RD001 RICHMOND to SM531 SMITHFIELD TV001 TIVERTON to WY521 WESTERLY
- (Surname) = maiden name
- (Surname*) = The "*" was put by maiden names in Swan Point Cemetery (PV003), Providence, for technical reasons.
- [Surname] = from a source other than the actual headstone or cemetery record data.
- ([Surname]) = maiden name from another source.
- "C" = the birth date was calculated from the death date and age on the gravestone.
- "e" = the birth date was estimated from the death date and age on the gravestone.
- "b" next to the date of death = date of burial. This could be years off if moved from another cemetery.
Search the Rhode Island
Cemeteries Master Index
The RI Historical Cemeteries Master Index Table
For Manual Seaches of the pages.
| Page 1: A to CURTISS | Page 2: DAIGNAULT, CHARLES to KEACH |
| Page 3: KELLEY, JAMES to REID, EDITH | Page 4: RENAUD, JEAN to The End |
To the Rhode Island Cemeteries Database Home Page
History and Description of the Project
Find a Grave - Rhode Island (includes pictures of some stones)
Return to Rhode Island USGenWeb Home Page