Search billions of records on

40-51  Taylor Church & Cemetery


This church is documented with a marker and holds a cemetery with Thomas Taylor and his descendants.

40-51 Taylor Cemetery
Corner of Richland and Barnwell Streets, Columbia
In 1786 the state of S.C. bought as part of the site of Columbia the plantation of Colonel Thomas Taylor, Revolutionary soldier, and elected him one of the commissioners to lay out the capital city.  The home was situated near the southeast corner of Richland and Branwell streets.  On the northwest corner lie buried Colonel Taylor, his son Govenor John Taylor and members of the family. 

Erected by William Capers Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution --1968

Pictures of the Taylor Cemetery




Return to Historical Marker Index

Columbia Chapter, SCGS
PO Box 11353
Columbia, SC 29211-1353

Designed and Created by Gloria Kubicki as a Service Project for National Beta Club